Eighteen

Andy walked up to the manor, alongside Ron. Andy pulled her keys out and unlocked the front door. She pushed it open and stepped inside, Ron following behind her.

"I'm going to go pack my stuff," Andy whispered. Ron nodded. "And I'll be in the twins room pursuing my amateur detective dreams," Ron joked. Andy nodded and they went their separate ways.

Ron pushed the twins door open and stepped inside the room. Everything looked the same, nothing seemed to be missing...at first glance.

Ron turned around and his brows furrowed. He walked over to Lyra's dresser. Ron swore there used to be a cast of the twins hands there. Maybe he was making things up but that. Ron sighed and walked out of the room. "Andy!" He called out.

Andy pulled her drawer open and sighed. She needed at least a week worth of clothes. Andy pulled her wand out of her pocket it and flicked it. A suitcase slid out from under her bed and floated on top of the bed. It unzipped itself and opened.

Andy started going through her drawer, placing the acceptable outfits on top of her dresser. Andy sent the ones she wanted to take into the bag before moving to her closet.

Andy was flicking through the racks when she saw a blue box hidden behind them on a shelf. Andy's shoulders slumped and she reached forward, grabbing it.

Andy pulled the lid off, knowing the contents of the box already. The box was filled with letters. Andy reached inside and dug through them, looking for a specific one. She finally found it at the bottom. It was in a emerald green envelope and silver pen written on it.

It was addressed to Ron and she had written it five years ago, when she had found out she was pregnant with the twins. Andy stared at the letter for a moment.

She had protected Ron for nothing. Hermione had broken up with him. The relationship that she had made sure to protect, had fallen apart. Her kid's had grown without a father and Ron didn't know his kids.

Andy put the envelope back in the box and tucked it under her arm before continuing to look through her closet.

Andy was trying to fit a pair of shoes into her suitcase when Ron walked through the door. Andy jumped slightly when she turned around to see him walking in. Andy's eyes widened and she quickly grabbed the hat-box off her bed, holding it closely to her body.

"Hey, can you double check something for me?" Ron asked. Andy looked down at the box in her hand and nodded. She turned around and stuffed it into her suitcase before zipping it up.

Andy pulled her suitcase behind her and followed Ron out of the room and towards the twins'. Ron and Andy stood in the middle of the room.

"Does it look like anything's missing?" Ron asked. Andy's eyes scanned the room and they landed on the wall above Lyra's dresser. "Yeah," Andy pointed to where the twins' handprint cast had been. She walked over to the dresser.

"Their cast is missing," Andy mumbled. "What would someone want with my kids handprints?" She asked. Ron sighed, placing his hands on his hips. "They could get DNA from it. If there's anything stuck in the plaster," Ron explained. Andy went rigid as she looked at Ron. "And what do they want with my kids' DNA?" Andy asked, her breathing speeding up.

Ron shrugged. "I'm going to assume they'll sell it to the newspaper. It's good information," He muttered. Andy shot a glare at him, she wanted him to shut up but there was the chance that he was right.

And if he was, Andy's glare fell, she'd have to tell him before the newspaper wrote about it. Fuck.