Double Confession

"-Angelina, I can't confess to him just like that!" Oliver exclaimed, covering his face in embarrassment. His friend, Angelina, had told him he needeed to confess to Percy. However, there was no way Oliver could do it. 

"Oliver, you have to!" She cooed. "Otherwise, Penelope is going to do it first. She's already hanging out with him every day, soon enough they'll be snogging in the hallways!"

She dramatically placed a hand on her forehead. "I couldn't bear to see that, and I knew you wouldn't either. So, cmon, just do it," She told him. Oliver thought for a moment. He had been worried the last couple of days when Penelope had been around Percy more than usual. Besides, Penelope had told him that she liked him. 

Penelope was a kind girl, but he'd rather her be Percy's friend than lover. Obviously, Oliver would be  happy for them, though, he knews he would be jealous. He didn't want to be jealous. 

Oliver sighed. "I'm scared- I mean, what if he rejects me? And I couldn't do that to Penelope," He said. 

"He won't reject you, Oliver. I promise," Angelina started. "Just look at it as a favor to Penny. She's been giving so many hints about liking Percy, and he doesn't pick it up? He's a smart guy, Oliver. He knows, but doesn't do anything about it, why would be do that?"

"Because he doesn't...like her in that way?" The keeper trailed off. His teammate nodded.

"That's right, but if she actaully confesses to him, he'd have no choice but to downright reject her. Spare her the heartbreak," Angelina continued. Well, when she says it like that..."Oliver, look!"

The quidditch captain turned to where she was pointing and saw Penelope heading towards the place where Percy was sitting reading a book. "You don't think she's planning on confessing right now, right?" He went pale. 

"Not with all of these people around," Angelina reassured him. "Unless she brings him to somewhere more private, then you're good- oh". They watched as Penelope took the redheads hand, dragging him along with her into the castle. Oliver began to panic.

"What do I do?!" Oliver said quietly, clearly conflicted.

"Follow them!" Angelina hissed at him, pushing him in the direction they went. So, Oliver did. Carefully, he snuck behind them, not wanting them to notice him.

They finally stopped in a longer hallway, Penelope checking the surroundings before she spoke. "Percy, I have something to tell you," She whispered shyly.

"Oh, alright then. What's going on?" The prefect asked. Should he stop this? Oliver thought. No, it was to late. He would miss his shot. "I actually need to share something with you as well"

Oliver's heart dropped. Percy had to tell her something. He won't confess, right? Merlin, he's made such a mistake. He should have told him earlier.

"You first then," Penelope insisted, still nervous to confess.

"I didn't know who else to tell, this is something I've been hiding for so long, and I finally have the guts to talk to someone about it. You're one of my closest friends, so I know I can trust you," Percy started, scratching the back of his neck. The girl listened attentively to his words. "I think...I'm in love with someone"

Penelope blinked. "O-Oh, who is it?" She asked. Oliver didn't want to listen any more. He didn't want to find out who Percy liked, that would make it ten times worse.

"It's‐" The redhead started, but was cut of by the ravenclaw.

"Oliver!" Penelope exclaimed, pointing in the direction where Oliver was. He was caught.

"W-What, how did you know it was him!" Percy stuttered. Penelope turned him around in order for him to see the keeper. His face went red when he spotted him. "Oliver!"

How did she know it was him? Oliver. The quidditch players heart was rapidly beating. Did that mean Percy liked him?

"Hey guys..," Oliver mumbled as he was forced to reveal himself from his hiding spot. "It's not what it lookd like, I wasn't trying to eavesdrop- or kind of, but not like that!"

The prefects didn't say anything.

"Uh...you l-like me, Perce?" Oliver asked bluntly. The suspence was killing him.

"What, no! I mean, yes- but uh...well, you see," Percy seemed to be panic-struck as well. Penelope was witnessing the entire gay panic between them, realizing what was happening. "What about you! Do you like me?!"

"Yes! I mean, how do you f-feel about that?" Oliver replied. "I-I'm sorry, you like like me too?!"

"Too?!" Percy exclaimed. "S-So, you're in love with me?"

"Huh- uhm, yes?" Oliver said. Percy blinked.

"I'm so confused...," The redhead sighed anxiously, staring down at the floor, as did Oliver.

Penelope snapped her fingers to catch their attention. "What's there to be confused about?" She asked. "Both of you clearly fancy one another!"

The pair didn't know what to say to that. "What do you mean, Penny?" The prefect asked.

She sighed, turning to Oliver. "Oliver Wood, are you in love with Percy Wealsey?" She questioned. He nodded hesitatingly. "And Percy Wealsey, are you in love with Oliver Wood?"

Percy nodded too. "Then that settles it," Penelope insisted. "Just kiss already!" She walked away, complaining about how oblivious they were.

Percy blushed deeply, and Oliver cleared his throat to say something. "Uh...Percy, do you want to to out with me?" He asked.

"Yes"