The Yule Ball - Day 15

The Yule Ball was today, and neither Percy and Oliver had a date. No one asked Percy to the ball, which he had expected. Not that he would have acceotped either way, so it was better like this. Oliver being the captain of the quidditch team, on the other hand, got asked to go to the ball by many people. However, he rejected all of them seeing as he was interested in a certain redhead who happened to be his roommate.

Oliver wanted to ask him to go with him, but he never got the time. Well, he mire accurately was to scared to ask. If was younger, he would have asked someone he liked easily. Now, he liked Percy, and he couldn't get rid of his romantic feelings for him no matter how much he tried.

Oliver knew that the yule ball would be taken place as soon as the triwizard tournament was announced, and immediately spent an entire day planning to ask Percy to go with him. He never had the courage to do so, though. When he triwizard tournamet was announced, Percy was more worried about Oliver wanting to participate in the tournament. So, naturally, he was glad to hear from Oliver that he wasn't going to.

"Hey, Perce," Oliver greeted his best friend in the hallway. He was chatting with his friends when he spotted the redhead walking in the hallway, and decided to talk to him. "Are you going to the yule ball?"

Percy shrugged. "I don't have anyone to go with, so I don't think so," He replied boredly.

"Then, if someone asked you, you'd go?" The keeper questioned. Percy narrowed his eyes at him.

"That depends on who asks me," He insisted. It's now of never, Oliver. Pull yourself together.

"What if I ask you to go?" Oliver suggested. "We can go to the ball together"

The prefect stopped in his tracks. "Do you mean as friends?" He laughed. The brown-haired one blushed the slightest.

"I was actually, uh, thinking romantically," Oliver chuckled nervously, his palms starting to sweat.

Percy blinked, but Oliver could have sworn he saw his cheeks being tinted in pink. "You want me to go to the yule ball with you romantically?" Percy asked, just wanting to confirm.

Oliver nodded hastily."We can just go as friends instead, of course. I think you're really cool, and thought maybe we could...I don't know, see?"

Percy covered his face with the book he was holding in embarrassment, and Oliver looked away quickly.

"We don't have to if you don't want to, I'd never force you—," He tried desperately.

"Okay," The prefect mumbled, lowering the book to reveal his eyes. Oliver turned his head back, his eyes widening in surprise. "We can...try going together with a romantic purpose"

"We can just forget everything that happens if it doesn't work out though, right?" Percy added.

The captain nodded frequently. "Of course!" He exclaimed— a bit too loudly. He mentally slapped hismelf foe being so loud. "Ah, sorry"

Percy laughed, stepping a bit closer as they started to walk again. "It's alright," He reassured him.