Modern Au - Day 30

Summer break is over and it was time for all the students to return to school. That included the seventeen-year old Percy Weasley as well. He didn't mind it through. The sooner he gets school over with, the sooner he can get on with his life. Next year he'll be an adult, and he wanted to apply for a job as a journalist in the near future. To start, he decided to voulanteer as the school president. He got chosen because they all knew he'd be taking the role seriously.

As Percy sauntered through the halls of his school, everything seemed to be in the ordinary. He liked that, the ordinary. However, there was something that wasn't there before. Or rather, someone. A new student. Well, the redhead hadn't seen him yet, but his classmates we're discussing it as the moment he walked through the school door. What Percy didn't know, was that he was about to be the first one to meet him.

He needed to fetch his books from his locker for his next class. The class president grabbed his books and closed his locker, taken aback when he saw a boy standing next to him. Percy hadn't noticed him because he was hidden behind his locker. He wondered if this was the new student. The boy caught him staring and glanced at him.

The boy smiled at him. "Hello," He greeted him, holding out a hand for him to shake. "I'm Oliver Wood, a new student"

Percy shook his hand with a polite smile. "It's nice to meet you, Oliver. I'm Percy Weasley," He introduced himself. Oliver raised an eyebrow curiously.

"Percy Weasley? As in Bill and Charlie Weasley?" He asked.

The class president nodded. "You know my brothers?" He asked. The brown-haired boy laughed.

"I do. They used to be in the same soccer team as me at my old school," The soccer player explained. The redhead nodded. He was about to say something, but before he could he was interrupted by the bell.

"Well, I've got to go to class," Percy said.

"Yeah, me too," Oliver replied. "Then...I'll see you around?". Percy nodded. They said their goodbyes and left seperately. Oliver had some things to clear up with the principal, like his schedule. Percy hastily went to class. He had history.

The class president placed down a writer block and a pen to take notes on things he might forget later on, while the other's were chatting and the teacher was setting everything up for a historical film.

"Alright, class. Settle down," Their teacher, Professor Binns told them. "Before we start the film, I'm sure a lot of you have heard about the knew student. He should be joining us any minute now"

And just on cue, the new student stepped inside the classroom. Afterwards, whispers were heard from the entire class, taking about the new student. Percy knew it was Oliver. It was pretty obvious to him.

"Hey, I'm Oliver Wood. It's a pleasure to meet all of you," The soccer player introduced himself. Almost immediately Oliver noticed Percy far back in the classroom and shot him a friendly smile.

"Well, it's great to have you here, Oliver," The tecaher said. "Now, would you please take an empty seat anywhere you want?"

Oliver nodded. It looked like he hadn't even considered any other seat before he headed right over to sit down next to Percy. That seat always stayed empty. Not because the class didn't like him. Some did, but Percy preferred sitting alone. Then there would be no one yl disturb him during a lesson.

Professor Binns started the film and everyone's eyes went to the screen, except for Oliver's. His eyes were on the redhead.

"Hey," The brown-haired one whispered. Percy turned to him. "So, we're in the same class?"

The class president nodded. "It seems that way," He said. Oliver grinned.

"If that's the case...then let's be friends," Oliver insisted. Percy blinked at him. No one's ever asked him that directky to be friends.

The redhead switched his gaze back to the screen, and Oliver's grin faltered. He most likely took that as a no. Percy had to do something.

"Okay," Percy replied shortly. That's all he could bring himself to respond, but it was enough for Oliver to smile at him once again.