Dancing - Day 20

The yule ball was starting, and the nominated students who got to participate in the triwizard tournament brought their dates to the front the site, beginning to dance.

After a while, lots of people started joining in. Percy and Oliver were sitting on a bench nearby. The redhead was embarrased that he didn't know how to dance. Not that Oliver knew that.

"Should we join?" The quidditch captain asked, secretly hoping his partner would say yes. Percy merely shrugged nervously. Oliver grinned, realizing what was going on. "You don't know how to dance, do you?"

Percy glared at him, but nodded. "Didn't all houses have a dancing lesson that day I was sick?" Oliver questioned.

"Yeah, but I couldn't find anyone to practice with," The prefect explained. "Everyone had already found someone to practice with, so I just stood there. I was lucky enough that Mcgonagall didn't notice"

The keeper smiled at him, getting up as he held out a hand for him. "Then I'll teach you as we dance," He insisted.

Percy hesitated. "But what if I step on your feet or fall? That would be...embarrassing" He replied, burying his face in his hands.

"So what? If that happens I'll just pretend to fall too and we can share the embarrasment," His best friend reassured him. Percy removed his hands from his face, sighing.

"You'd do that?" He asked, chuckling.

Oliver took his hand, placing a kiss on the back of his hand. "Percy Weasley, I would do anything for you," He told him with a serious tone. The redhead blushed, standing up.

"You're so silly, let's go," Percy murmured. Oliver's grin widened as he brought him over to the dance floor. The prefect was already regretting his decision. "I'm going to make a fool of myself"

The brown-haired gryffindor held one of his hands and placed the other one on the prefects waist. "Distract yourself. Focus on me," Oliver told him. Percy nodded, his hand sneaking onto his shoulder.

Without skipping a beat, Oliver started leading, holding him close. Percy tried his best to keep up, constantly watching himself so he wouldn't trip. The quidditch player lifted his hand up for one moment to lift the redhead's chin up, staring into his eyes.

"Hey, keep your eyes on me," He instructed. Percy held his breath, nodding. So he did. He didn't pull his eyes away from him. He just kept staring, it felt almost unnatural. Oliver looked really handsome in that suit, his hair was still messy, but Percy liked that.

The song was coming to an end, and Oliver spun Percy for the last bit, smiling happily. "You did great," Oliver praised him.

"Thank you, Oliver," Percy laughed. "Though, I think I accidentally stepped on your feet a few times"

The rest of the night was full of laughs and giggles. They chatted with their friends and had a nice meal before it was time to head to bed.