Winter, Snow & Ice - Day 12

Percy Weasley did not like winter.  Oliver Wood loved winter.  This was another thing they didn't have in common. Though the redhead didn't like the cold, he was dragged out to the black late, where the Gryffindors who hadn't gone home for Christmas celebrated. Apparently, the muggleborn witches and wizards who could ice skate were trying to teach the other to ice skate. Oliver was excited to learn how to ice skate, and was excited to learn it with Percy. Little did he know that the prefect already knew how to ice skate. Penelope had taught him whenever the ice was think enough on the great lake. 

"This is going to be a blast!" Oliver exclaimed while they were putting on their ice skates. Percy beamed at the sight of his boyfriend. Pehraps he should pretend he didn't know how to ice skate for his sake. But alas, he couldn't do that. Unfortunately, Katie Bell showed up to bring them onto the ice.

"Hey, guys!" She greeted them happily. "What are you doing just sitting there, go onto the ice. Alicia Spinnet is teaching a group over there". Katie pointed at a small group of people. Alicia was trying to teach them in the most encouraging way. She was yelling and cheering them on as they did it entirely wrong. Percy sighed.

"Don't worry, Perce. I'm sure it will be fun!" Oliver reassured him enthusiastically. He stood up and held out a hand to him with a wide smile. Percy flashed him a half-smile, accepting his hand. He really didn't like how cold it was. Luckily, he was wearing one of the jumpers his mother had knitted for him. 

Oliver was the first to step on the ice. He looked very unsteady, yet he looked very excited. Percy follow, immediately being able to ice skate as if it were as simple as walking. Not that Oliver noticed. He seemed a bit busy trying not to fall.

Well, in the end he ended up falling flat on the back anyway, scrunching his nose. The redhead giggled, skating over to where he laid and extending a hand.

The brown-haired boy chuckled. "Thanks," He thanked him, managing to get back on his feet with his help. Percy held both of his hands, guiding him forward as he skated backwards.

Percy was focusing on not making him fall, and didn't realize Oliver had been staring at him in awe.

The prefect blushed. "What?" He asked, glancing away but keeping his firm grip on the others hand.

"You know how to ice skate?" The keeper questioned.

Percy sighed. "Yeah. Penelope taught me a few winters back," He admitted. Oliver let go of one of his hands, cupping one of the readhead's cheeks. Percy looked at him.

"You're amazing, my love!" The quidditch captain complimented him, grinning ear to ear. Percy turned a deep shade of red, using his free hand to cover his face.

"Oliver..," He complained. Percy took his hand again. "Come on on, just let me teach you the basics so you don't fall every five seconds"

The third-oldest Weasley instructed him on what to do, how he should balance his weight and all of that. Oliver listened closely, already having forgotten to go over to Katie, Angelina and the others. Being taught by your lover is better in every way anyways.

"Woah, Percy. Are you teaching Oliver yow to ice skate?" Alicia Spinnet appeared, skating alongside them.

"That's right. But you seem to know exactly what you're doing!" Percy said, pointing out her flawless ice skating. "You're a really good teacher"

Alicia grinned. "Charming as always, Percy," She laughed, doing a spin before leaning close to Oliver. "You got yourself a good one 'ere, Oliver. Don't do anything stupid"

Oliver just laughed. "I wouldn't dream of it," He told her. "Weren't you teaching a group over there?"

Alicia shrugged. "I am. But I need a bit of alone time to rest. Yelling does become quite exhausting, you know," She winked at them.

"Mhm, you absolutely look like you're resting right now," Oliver replied slyly. Alicia smiled mischievously, averting her gaze to Percy.

"If you don't mind, how about you take over the group for a while?"

Percy blinked. "Me? Oh—," He replied nervously. "Okay then". Alica grinned, thanking him before skating off.

They started skating over to the group of newbies. Well, it was more Percy dragging him along with him on the ice.

"Hey, Oliver, Percy!" Angelina greeted them when they arrived. She was concentrating to keep her balance. "Where did Alicia go?"

"She decided to take a break. So I'll be taking over for a while," Percy explained to the group.

"Woah— you know how to ice skate, Percy?" Katie asked excitedly. He nodded. "That's so cool, me first!".

Eventuelly, Percy and Oliver had to let go of eachother's hands since the redhead needed to lend a hand to the others. So naturally, Oliver watched— well, admired everything he did.