Compliments - Day 13

Percy went onboard the Hogwarts Express with pride the first day if his fifth year. He had a week earlier found out he was going to become a prefect. It was unimaginable, but it was real. He couldn't wait to tell someone other than his family.

Passing through to head to the prefects compartment. Excitement rushed through him.

"Percy, hey!" The redhead heard someone calling his name. He spun around to meet the gaze of Oliver. Percy smiled at him.

"Oliver, you're here!" He greeted his best friend.

"Come on, you can sit with me, Angelina and Katie if you'd like," Oliver offered, stepping closer.

"I would, however..," Percy began, ruffling through his bag to find a letter, which he then handed to his roomate. Oliver furrowed his eyebrows, reading the letter. His eyes widened and they shot up to Percy.

"You— no way!" Oliver exclaimed.

"Yes way, I'm a prefect!" I said excitedly, laughing. Oliver grinned, unexpectedly going for a hug. Percy blinked, his lips parting as he wrapped his arms around him as well. "Oliver, what are you doing?"

"I'm just so happy for you!" Oliver laughed, lifting him up from the ground and holding me him closely as he spun him around. "You've always wanted to be a prefect, congrats! You're so amazing!"

He put him down. Percy blushed the slightest at the compliment . "Thanks, Oliver," He chuckled nervously.

"By the way, I also have some great news," Oliver said. "I'm quidditch captain!"

Percy gaped at him. "Really?!" He blurted, surprised. He immediately went in for a second hug. "That's great, Oliver! Congratulations! We can celebrate both things!"

Oliver laughed, returning the hug before they pulled away. "This year's looking bright for the both of us," He laughed.

"It truly does, doesn't it?" Percy agreed. The speakers were heard, telling everyonw to find a cabin. "Well, that's my cue to leave. I'll see you later"

Oliver nodded. "Of course," He replied. "See you". Oliver ran back to his cabin with where his friends were waiting, and Percy continued towards the prefect compartment.

The prefect couldn't get rid of the smile plastered across his face. Oliver called him amazing. Percy covered his face. He was sure his face must have been red. Oliver was happy for him. The redhead stared out the window.

This was going to be an amazing year. He just knew it. Especially when Oliver's going to be by his side.