On a boat - Day 17

Oliver and Percy were going on a boat tour today. It was a one time thing, when students were allowed to catch a boat and row around the great lake. Oliver had really been looking forward to it. Percy had too. He had heard about so many couples that were going to, and he was excited they would as well.

"This is going to be fantastic!" Angelina exclaimed, stretching her arms in the air happily. "It's truly a miracle that we get to do this when there's such wonderful weather"

"I agree," Katie agreed, grinning. "It's a bummer I don't have a partner to go with, but I'm sure I'll find some friends to go with"

"You could always go with me and George, Kate," Angelina insisted. "I really don't mind"

"No, it's okay," Katie laughed. "You two enjoy yourselves. Look, your boat is here!"

They looked over and saw another boat being lifted into the water. George immediately came running towards them.

"Come on, Angelina! Let's go," He said. Angelina nodded, taking his hand. She turned back around one last time to say goodbye.

"Bye, guys!" She laughed as they ran off.

Katie glanced at Percy and Oliver. They were both holding hands, watching people get into boats anxiously. They just newly became a couple, so they still felt a bit awkward doing romantic things like this. Katie's eyes lit up. They just needed a push.

"Oliver, Percy, you should find a boat as well," She told them. "Before there aren't anymore, I mean"

They shared a look, nodding. Katie sighed. "Come on, you two. I don't see a reason for you two act so strangely now that you're a couple. You were already best friends before, that hasn't changed has it?"

Percy blinked. "I suppose it hasn't," He paused. "Thank you, Katie". She grinned.

"You're absolutely right, Katie. Let's go, Perce!" Oliver said, smiling at his lover. "You are my best friend, so let's try not to make it seem like were not"

Percy nodded, smiling as well. "Goodbye, Katie. We'll see you later," He said before he was being dragged away by the quidditch captain.

Katie placed her hands on her hips, sighing proudly. Those two lovebirds. Lovers and best friends. Amazing. She snapped out of it when she heard her friends calling for her. "Coming!" She replied, jogging over.

It was a nice boat tour. They had the most beautiful sights to behold. Surprisingly even better than up in the castle. But of course, they both found the other even more stunning.

"Hey, Perce. Stand up with me," Oliver suggested, holding out a hand. "I promise we won't fall"

Percy smiled, gladly taking his hand and standing beside him. The boat swung back and fourth a bit, but it stopped after a while. Oliver had his arm around the other's waist, observing the view. The brown-haired gryffindor started whispered in his ear without looking away.

"You look hansome today," He whispered. Percy's face reddened and he couldn't stop himself from smiling brightly.

"I could say the same about you," The prefect implied, giving him a small kiss on the cheek.

"You know," Oliver trailed. "I like you. Like really like you, a lot". Percy giggled, giving him a side hug.

"Just say I love you," He mumbled.

Oliver grinned. "I love you, Perce" He said. Percy shivered. Perhaps it was his words or perhaps the cold wind.

They sat back down, and the redhead placed his head on his boyfriends shoulder. Not everyone in school knew they were a couple, but no one was close enough to see them clearly now, so they could act like this.

The bright sun warmed them as a breeze made their hair hair all messy. Not that they cared at the moment. In fact, it felt like they didn't have a thing to worry about. The war, their family issues, it was gone. For the time being, it was just them.

"I love you too," Percy whispered, closinghis eyes. He could sense Oliver grinning down at him, but didn't open his eyes. But just smiled instead.