Baking together - Day 21

Halloween was just around the corner, and since Percy couldn't be at home with his family and celebrate, he decided to to make the most situation by baking his mother's famous pumpkin pie.

He had recieved her recipe when he moved into his new apartment a year prior. You could say he was a rather talented at baking having helped his mother when he was younger. On a few occasions, he even helped her with making a pumpkin pie. So, that wouldn't be the hard part.

Something he'd struggle with was his thoughts. Percy knew he'd start thinking about the previous times he's celebrated halloween with his family. His parents and siblings all gathered at home, laughing and chatting. The twins being mischievous things and his older brothers, Bill and Charlie being at home. He wanted to keep those thoughts away seeing as they weren't close any longer.

After he joined the ministry, everything went wrong, which was the opposite of what Percy was hoping for when he did join. He hoped they would be proud. But instead, they were worried. Worried that he was only hired because they wanted to get futher information on his father through him and worried that he'd chosen the wrong side.

After a while, even Percy started to believe that what they said was true. That he had just been hired because they wanted to keep an eye on his father, and not because of his grades that he'd been working so hard for every year. His superiors couldn't even remember his name. Or perhaps they didn't care to know anything about him.

Percy wanted a distraction from his family and the ministry. And baking was something he enjoyed, despite being something that flooded his mind with childhood memories. So naturally, the redhead was greatful when his partner, Oliver, offered to help.

It was quite fun actually. They had their fair shares of laughter when Oliver accidentally got his face full of flour and when Percy kept slipping on the floor because Oliver had spilled some water on the floor while doing the dishes.

"I'm sorry, love. It seems I'm not the best at baking," Oliver chuckled, scratching the back of his head.

Percy grinned at his boyfriend. "Don't worry, it's sweet to see you try, and I enjoy your company" He reassured him. "Come on, how about you stir?"

Oliver smiled at him in amusement. "Oh, you'd really trust me with such an important task?" He gasped.

In the end, Percy had to take over since the bowl kept sliding aside as he stirred. Instead, Oliver stood beside him, observing while resting his head on his hands.

Then, the hardest part was due. Waiting as it was baked slowly in the oven. It might seem like an easy task, but having nothing to do isn't the best distraction from negative thoughts. Watching the pie grow was like watching memories of the past. Even the aroma reminded him of his familes celebrations.

"Perce," Oliver's voice snappes him out of his thoughts. The redhead stood up, leaning against the counter behind him. "Are you feeling alright? You seem a bit off today"

Perct chuckled sadly, feeling his eyes tear up and making his vision blurry. He should tell him. He had no reason not to. Oliver would never judge him or make fun of him.

"I just remembered," Percy paused. "My family and I celebrating at home. We were all so happy. Where did it go wrong?"

The quidditch players eyes softened as he moved closer to wrap his arms aroumd him. That's when Percy gave in, breaking down in the arms of the person he trusted the most. Oliver just held him, interwining their hands and whispering sweet words of reassurance in his ear.

"I just want it to be like that again. I don't want to be crying like this on a day that's supposed to be celebrated," Percy continued as a tears fell from his eyes. The redhead turned around in his arms to hug him back, burying his head in the other's chest.

"Honey, it's going to be alright," Oliver said softly. "We can still go there if you want to. I know they'd be happy to see you no matter how they're acting. Or we can stay here. Anything you want, Perce"

Percy sobbed. "I don't want to see them right now. I don't know...I just need to think about it," He tred to explain.

Oliver nodded. "Of course," He replied."What would you like to do in the meantime?"

"Can we just," The redhead started. "Cuddle and watch a horror movie?"

The brown-haired gryffindors eyes lit up. "I thought you'd never ask," He laughed, grinning.