Flowers - Day 29

Oliver wanted to do something nice for his boyfriend since their one year anniversity was coming up. He'd planned a date on Hogsmeade day, and wanted to give him the best time of his life.

The quidditch player had been debating  around what to buy him for quite some time, and at last settled on flowers simce he knew Percy liked them. Unfortunately, he didn't know what kind he liked the most. Oliver had tried to coax it out of him during a herbology class, but a classmate had gotten hurt by one of the plants just when Percy was about to tell him. Besides, he didn't want to ruin the surprise.

He'd been thinking about getting him a book as well, but he didn't want to get one his roommate already had or didn't like. So, he thought flowers and a date would be the safest option.

"Come on, Oliver— think! He's your boyfriend, you must have a gut feeling at least" Angelina told him. He decided to ask her for help since he was aware that she had a perfect grade in herbology.

"I don't know what to tell you, Angie. I have not been able to get him to tell me without coming off as suspicious," Oliver responded, sighing in despair. "I don't want to mess up. I really like him"

Angelina rolled her eyes at him. "Percy isn't the type to break up with someone over such a petty matter," She explained. "I think he'd like anything you'd give him anyway"

Oliver felt a little better. He knew she was right. Still, he was nervous. "Thank you," He said.

"Don't worry, you're going to have a great time," Angelina insisted. "Now, we still need to hurry. What do you think about classic roses? It's...romantic, right?"

The keeper considered this. "I guess you can never go wrong with that," He admitted, taking a glance at his watch. "Alright, I'm out of time. Thanks again, Angie"

"No problem, that's what friends are for," The girl laughed, pattinf him on the back. "You should get going, I'll see you later"

Oliver nodded. "Right, see you," He answered. Roses seemes like an option with a lot of potential. He bought a bouquet of them and left, hastily heading over to the place him and Percy had agreed to meet up at.

The moment he laid his eyes on the redhead standing there, with snow all around, he had to stare in awe. Oliver always thought of how lucky he was to have him. Sometimes he couldn't belive that they were a couple now, and not just roommates.

"Hey, Perce," Oliver greetes him. Percy turned around to face him, a smile creeping up on his face at the sight of him.

"Hello, Oliver," The prefect replied shortly, his eyes wandered down to the bouquet of roses in Oliver's hands. "Are those flowers for..."

The brown-haired gryffindor chuckled. "That's right. They're for you, of course," He said. "Happy one year anniversity, love"

Percy's face reddened, and not because of the cold. "You're so sweet, thank you" He responded, accepting them. "I have a gift for you as well"

"You do?" Oliver asked. He'd never thought of it seeing as he'd spent so much time on deciding what to give him. If that's the case, then did Percy also think this much about what to give him.

The redhead nodded, reaching into his pocket to hand him a neat box of heart-shaped chocolates. "It's not much, but you told me you liked them, so I...well, you know," Percy said, blushing. "Happy one year anniversity"

"Percy...," Oliver trailed, his train of mind stopping. His heart was exploding like fireworks, and he felt like screaming in happiness. He was so happy. Percy gave him a gift, and he put thought into it. The quidditch player couldn't think of anything else to do except giving him the biggest hug. "Thank you!"

Percy didn't seem to be able to hold his composure anymore, and melted into his arms. "Thank you for taking me out today," The prefect whispered, placing a peck on his cheek.

Oliver held the other's hand and kissing the back of it. "Thank you for accepting," He insisted. "Let's have a great day"

"Yeah, let's do that," Percy laughed.