The Life We Live

Gasps filled the room, shocked by the news the two demons just told. Diane steps forward clearly confused but also worried. 'Wait. What do you mean she's gonna die? You're joking, right?' she asks, wide-eyed, the panic visible in her eyes.

Meliodas nor Melony said something. 'Say something!'

Meliodas sighs. 'It's no joke. This has always been their- our destiny' he says looking down, fidgeting with his fingers. 'Now there's no need to hide it from you anymore' Meliodas looks up again, glancing at his blank faced sister. 'I'm just gonna tell you everything'

'The goal of this 3000-year journey of ours'

-

'What happened, what's wrong?!'

'I couldn't do it...'  he says between panicked breaths.

'I couldn't do it again! God what's wrong with me?!'

'First Leo and..and then-'  'And then them, oh my god. I'm horrible'

'What do you mean? ;'#$!'! Tell me what happened..'

'I couldn't do it. I failed again. Dad was right.'

Her eyes widened at her brother's words. 'Don't tell me..'

-

Everyone was silent waiting for the blond to say something. Meliodas let out a shaky breath. He didn't count on this. He, Melony, and M/n agreed that when the time came. M/n would be the one to tell them everything.

Knowing that M/n was way more stable for this kind of thing. But he was out cold. And Meliodas or Melony were the ones who need to do the job now.

'Three thousand years ago, during the Holy War, Elizabeth and Melony were both punished for the crimes they committed' he says, pausing for a second.

'Her for being a Demon who fell in love with a Goddess and then went on to betray and kill her own kind.'

-

'This thunder makes everything scary' The blond girl jokes, blood coming down from an open wound on her cheek.

Elizabeth shakes her head looking up at the two gods they were facing. It was impossible and even she knew that.

Thunder. Wind. Clouds. Making the sky gray. It all made this situation even more worst.

M/n smiles cheekily. 'Big baby, don't worry I'm here'

The blond girl smiles back. Before it faded, her eyes clouded with unspilled tears. 'It's the four of us against the world right?'

-

Melony gulps, holding her lover's hand tighter. 'And Elizabeth for being a goddess who fell for a demon and chose to save her enemies'

Before anyone could say something, Meliodas spoke again. His tone was more bitter than before. 'It's not only that. I got punished too. For betraying my race..and for loving the enemy of the goddess and demon race'

Diane furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. '..who?' she asks uncertainly, her voice quivering.

'The Son of Belialuin' Someone answered but it wasn't Meliodas. Merlin said it, leaning against the wall with crossed arms.

Everyone's confused faces didn't change. Meliodas scoffs, shaking his head. 'You know him by his other name' Meliodas says hesitantly. 'M/n'

Merlin sighs when everyone gasped. 'He got punished too. For helping us, stealing the gifts, and falling for me' Meliodas explains before silence took over.