The Cursed Friends

'So, are you feeling any better, Elaine?' Diane asks as she, Elizabeth, and Elaine were in Ban's room. Elaine was sitting on a chair, a book resting on her lap as the two girls stood before her.

'Yes, but since my soul's held together by the forbidden spell, I don't feel anywhere near what I was before' Elaine answers slightly disappointed, but she kept her smile on. Not wanting to worry the two.

'By the way, Diane. Your time in the Fairy King's Forest, how was it?' Elaine asks wanting to change the subject. Her eyes kept going to the door as if she's waiting for someone.

Diane smiles, tilting her head to the side. 'Oh, a lot of stuff happened but it all worked out okay' she says as her face quickly changes into one of excitement. 'Hey, listen. King and I time-traveled. We went all the way back to the Britannia of 3000 years ago'

She turns to Elizabeth, a big smile on her face. The silver nette looks at her intrigued and confused. 'You won't believe it, but guess who we ran into?'

'Not only the captain, M/n, and Melony but an Elizabeth who looked just like you' She says excitedly, Elizabeth blinks in surprise.

Suddenly the door opens as M/n walked inside. 'Ready to go, Elaine?' he asks and the girl nods standing up. M/n noticed the stare from Elizabeth and gave her a questioning gaze. She shakes her head, smiling at him.

But M/n knew her better than herself. Deciding to ignore it, he takes Elaine's hand pulling her out of the room. 'Let's go and don't let go of my hand. Ban would kill me if I lost you in town'

Elizabeth faintly hears M/n say before their steps fade away.

-

---

-

'I see what you did' Meliodas states after Elaine and M/n return from their walk around town. Ban quickly scooped the girl in his arms claiming that she has to rest.

M/n ignores his partner waving at Elaine who waves back with a smile. 'Heh, but it's not gonna work' Meliodas says closing his eyes and giving his partner a smug smile.

'What?' M/n questioned.

Meliodas points at him 'You will work today at the tavern' he says giving him the thumbs up. M/n gasps dramatically.

'It's a great idea, M/n worked so well when he did' Elizabeth says smiling and straightening her skirt as she was ready for the day.

M/n looks at the two blankly. 'I mean it's only fair since I have to work too' Melony states joining the conversation.

'No' M/n says before fastly turning around and planning on walking out the door. Meliodas grabs him by his wrist dragging him to the counter. He hands him a little notepad.

'You'll take orders, okay?'

'No' M/n drops the notepad and starts to walk away again. Elizabeth steps up 'Please M/n, today business will be blooming, we're gonna need help' she says ignoring the strange uneasy feeling whenever she looked him in the eyes.

M/n stares at her with furrowed eyebrows.

'Yeah' Meliodas says with a grin. He wraps his arms around the male's waist hugging him from behind. 'I bet you will do an awesome job today' he states snuggling into his back.

M/n sighs, how could he say no to that?

-

---

-

'Wow, so many people already!' Elizabeth says looking at the already stocked boarhat. M/n stares at the people uneasily. He should've said no.

'I don't know guys' M/n says holding the notepad a little tighter.