Chapter 35

No one's POV

Harry was sitting on his bed with Buster snuggled against him as he gently rubbed the bunny's back.

He was in thought for a little bit before he looked down at Buster who climbed onto Harry's legs and moved closer putting their front paws on his chest.

Harry chuckled shaking his head before he lifted the bunny off him as he laid down.

He lowered Buster onto his stomach as he stared up at the ceiling.

Alucard and Harry had gone ahead with their plan as well as continued their training.

It was currently the day before his birthday, Harry had made a promise to his sister that he would come back home to attend it with his "family".

"I remember the last time, I celebrated my birthday with them." Harry muttered before he shook his head.

The night before he had gone on a long night of murders almost until morning and since then he had just been resting.

He had heard a knock coming from the door as he slowly sat up.

'Odd...I have already told the others who know this location to send word ahead of time...' Harry thought as his eyes narrowed.

He carefully put Buster on the bed before he got off his bed and reached for his pouches and strapped them onto his sides.

Harry closed his eyes before he used a technique that Alucard had taught him and teleported to the front door.

He used his soul eye to see if he knew the soul that was on the other side before taking action.

Harry's eye widened before he walked to the door and opened it.

The one who was at the door was Daphne as she stood before him.

"Daphne? What are you doing here?" Harry asked, he was not upset by this sudden visit but he was curious.

"May I come in?" Daphne asked avoiding what Harry had asked her.

Harry decided that for the time being he would not push her on the subject as he moved out of the way allowing her entrance.

Daphne walked in without word as Harry closed the door after her before he started walking.

"Follow." Harry said with a tone that left no room for any form of argument.

Daphne silently followed behind him while Harry merely looked ahead.

There was a reason that Harry did this, he did not want to use his Soul eye on her for he refused to see the colour of her soul in this moment.

'I couldn't bare the thought of what it could be...' Harry thought.

"Ah yes, I had not offered you some tea...that was not gentleman like of me to do." Harry said as he led her to his room where Buster was still on the bed.

Buster was alerted by the sound of the door opening as he turned his head.

"Make yourself comfortable, I will return soon." Harry said as he moved out of the way for her.

Daphne merely nodded as she entered his room while Harry remained outside as he closed the door.

A little while later, Harry had returned with tea for the both of them.

When he opened the door to his room he saw that Daphne was sitting with Buster.

She only glanced up at him before her eyes returned down to the bunny.

Harry saw no emotion on her face as he put the tea down on the table as he scanned her with his eyes before he sighed.

He had no choice.

When she had arrived, he had noted every movement she had made before entering his room.

The distance between his room and the front door of the Manor was all he needed to do so but now he needed to know her emotions.

He used his Soul eye on her before his eyes widened as a look of disgust spread across his face.

'Malice...fear...anger...they are all staining her soul...they are making it horrid...taking away her beautiful soul!!' Harry seethed.

"Daphne, look at me." Harry growled.

Daphne shook her head as she merely continued to not meet his gaze.

Without word, Harry grabbed her face and lifted it so she was forced to look at him as he turned her head to the side.

Just barely but he could see it as if it were new.

The remnants of a mark...a slap.

"Who...did this?" Harry growled, his anger only continuing to grow more and more.

Daphne refused to speak as Harry let go of her face.

"I asked you a question...who...did this!?" Harry roared.

Daphne trembled a bit from his voice.

"M-My...father..." She said, her voice barely above a whisper.

Harry heard it as he froze...

A father striking their own child...

Unpleasant memories began to surge through Harry's mind before he heard Jack's voice telling him to calm down.

Harry knew he was right, he needed to be the calm one in this moment when his student needed him.

Harry slowly put his hand on her head before pulling her head onto his chest.

No words needed to be exchanged as Daphne's body began to shake.

She silently began to cry as she gripped onto his shirt.

Harry had never seen her like this and he didn't like it one bit.

Buster gave a small squeak, concerned before Harry shook his head.

It all made sense to him now, why she had asked him to learn how to kill in the first place...

"You want to kill your father." Harry said as he looked down at her.

She only nodded while her face was buried onto his chest.

In that moment, all Harry could do was to silently promise the most unimaginable death to the man that dared call himself her father.

Harry raised both his arms and hugged her as he merely let her cry, something that seemed long overdue for her but then again...

Harry couldn't remember the last time he had cried himself.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it for this chapter

Drop a comment on what you thought of it

THATS ALL FOR NOW

PEACE OUT Y'ALL

Harry Potter: The cost of neglectOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara