Chapter 23

No one's POV

After getting out of the schools Harry turned to Daphne.

"Only a few know about this but for now this is the perfect place to go for your first kill."

Harry led her out as they now stood in the night as he motioned for her to follow him.

He led her to an alley that was close to the three broomsticks as he turned to her and smiled.

"I took the liberty of coming ahead of you and found the perfect target." Harry said as he pointed ahead of them.

A little distance away a man was walking.

"He is a father of two with the youngest being a baby, he works for a the ministry of magic and he is the one who you will be killing." Harry said and Daphne's eyes widened.

"W-What?"

"You will take your knife and give him one clean cut to the throat slicing his jugular, I will take care of disposing the body but you must kill." Harry said as he took out a knife and held it out to her.

Daphne slowly took the knife as she began to shake a bit.

"B-But he's done nothing wrong." Daphne said and Harry nodded.

"No he hasn't but his life must still come to an end, that is life now I will lure him and you will kill him." Harry said as he walked out of the alley.

Daphne shook as she tried to think of what she should do.

She wanted to do this but how could she kill someone who wasn't deserving of it.

The consequences however for not were one's she did not want to think of and for some reason she wanted to impress Harry.

She did as he instructed and hid in the shadows.

Slowly but surely the man had entered the alley as Harry said he would.

Holding the knife Daphne took a few deep breaths before moved in the dark as the man looked around.

She closed her eyes and left the dark as the knife plunged into the man's chest.

His eyes were wide before they rolled back as he fell back giving shakey, uneven breaths as blood began to fill his lungs.

Daphne looked at what she had done and tried to close her eyes.

"Open them."

Daphne turned to see Harry walking closer and grabbed her face and turned her back to the dying man.

"This is life, blood will be spilt and people get killed and most of the time it is because of others, consider this your baptism into this accursed world you so badly wanted to join." Harry said as Daphne felt sick to her stomach.

She wanted to look away but Harry held her so she was forced to look at it.

"This is your orientation into the world of an assassin and of a killer." He said and finally let go as Daphne fell to her knees as she shed tears.

"What?...what is the point of this?" She asked and Harry stood next to her.

"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." Harry said as he helped her to her feet and pulled her into a hug.

"My first kill was difficult as well." He said as he rubbed her back.

"H-How did you get over it then?" She asked and Harry let go of her.

"I continued on with my life and kept killing because it helped to numb the feeling until I found joy in it." Harry said as he walked to the dead man and pulled out the knife.

He cleaned it off and walked back to Daphne who quietly took it.

"You'll get used to this but now it's time to rest." Harry said as he put a hand on her shoulder.

"Thanks Harry." She said quietly and Harry smiled nodding.

"But I think you did amazing for your first kill now go wait for me at the hidden passage." Harry said.

Daphne smiled as she nodded before walking away.

Harry shook his head and turned back to the body.

"Now..." Harry smile grew a bit twisted as his eyes glowed red while his teeth sharpened.

Harry went down and drank the blood of the man before standing up

He wiped the blood off his mouth and breathed out as his teeth returned back to normal.

"Heh...blood is much tastier than I thought." He said before he walked away.

He and Daphne returned back to their common room after some time walking.

Harry helped Daphne to her room and laid her down.

"You're lucky that you don't have any blood on you." Harry said as he walked away.

"You will receive training but for now...just rest and calm down because this does get better, than much I can promise you." Harry said as he walked away.

He returned to his room and leaned against the door.

"Come now, it's alright."

Jack stood by Harry and took him off the door as he guided him to the bed.

Harry took off his outfit and laid down in bed as he sat up.

"Where have you been?" Harry asked and Jack gave a sigh.

"I...had to take care of a few things." Jack said and Harry looked at him.

"Can...can you tell me about her?" Harry asked and Jack raised an eyebrow.

"About who?" Jack asked and Harry looked at him.

"About Hlökk."

Jack gave a small chuckle as he walked over and sat down next to him.

"I met Hlökk when I was chosen to fight for humanity and admittedly I had forced her into being my partner but that changed." Jack said as he looked at Harry.

"She was spoiled, hot headed, annoying and a bit bratty but then I got to know her a bit and realised she was more than I had originally thought." Jack said as he looked at Harry.

"She is somewhere were I will most likely never see though I do miss her." He said and Harry leaned against him.

"Maybe she's just waiting for you." He said before drifting off into sleep.

Jack laid Harry down before he smiled and stroked the boys head.

"Maybe..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it for this chapter

Drop a comment on what you thought of it

THATS ALL FOR NOW

PEACE OUT Y'ALL