𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐞

the sound of the running faucet snapped him out of his trance, wide eyes looking at his reflection to see him all donned in a crisp suit.

takemichi hanagaki looked at himself in the mirror, damp hands cupping the sides of his face in disbelief.

"i'm back-!"

the raven-haired man let out a small shout of happiness, proud of himself that tachibana naoto is safe in this timeline.

after all the things that he had done- he had finally succeeded. no amount of words can describe just how happy he was.

he was snapped out of his trance however when he realized that he doesn't recognize his surroundings. the tiled walls and floors creating a somewhat cold atmosphere inside of the bathroom.

the toll of a bell made him look above him, piecing together everything that was happening.

"a tuxedo... a bell... wait don't tell me-" the man felt his face heat up at the memory of him asking tachibana hinata to marry him in twelve years time.

takemichi speed out of the bathroom, almost slipping on his steps. however, because of his rushing, he had bumped into someone which caused them to fall down.

dark eyes looked down to see a (h/c) haired boy with watery eyes, glaring up at him with a pout.

the man sweat at this, confused about what was going on as the small child stood up and kicked him on the shins. no matter how many beatings he had taken before- it hurts like a bitch.

"that was rude of you uncle mitchy!" the boy said, huffing as he crossed his little arms in anger.

takemichi tried looking around, hands up in defense as he waited for someone to come and take their child away from him.

wait a minute... uncle?

he looked down again, seeing the boys' (h/c) hair and dark eyes.

"auntie hina asked me to come get you! c'mon we're gonna be late for the photo-taking!"

the man didn't know what was happening- but something told him behind those wooden doors are what kids call a happy ending.

a flash of familiarity dawned on him as the two neared the doors, looking down at their connected hands as the child dragged him.

(h/c) hair... dark eyes... l/n y/n and sano manjiro?

"jeez, you're late!" the two boys turned to the side, seeing tachibana hinata looking at them with a frown on her face.

the young woman turned to look at the child who only pointed an accusatory finger at takemichi.

"you wouldn't want to miss your parent's wedding now do you?"

dark eyes glistened in tears, letting himself get dragged by the woman that he loves as she took both of them by the arm.

"we can't have the both of them worry about you right?"

takemichi let out a confused 'huh', hina turning towards him with a look on her face.

"today is y/n's wedding ceremony! how many times do we have to remind you?"

a wave of nostalgia, happiness, and also a bit of sadness dawned upon him, the doors opening, and the smell of the fresh bouquets and glamorous scents welcomed them in.

he didn't know what he was feeling- but he was aware that he was more than glad to see the sight.

because right in front of him was a table full of his friends, the ones that he had saved- ones that were supposed to be dead.