𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐦𝐧𝐞𝐝

under normal circumstances, sano manjiro and l/n y/n would've been laughing their asses out right now- watching cheesy rom-com movies that the two had chosen from shinichiro's pile of movies.

however, the couple is currently sitting face to face on the carpeted floor of mikey's room, tension filling the air as the (h/c) haired girl tried to explain her situation to the male.

prior to this moment, she had told everyone else what happened- the short blond not being there because he had to do business at someplace else. it's safe to say that she had clearly earned her title as toman's zombie.

and now she's with mikey, the both of them spending their time in his little garage room because he wanted an explanation.

"it just sort of happened...?" y/n said, more so doubting herself on whether or not she's telling the truth- in all fairness she doesn't know what happened as well.

the blond in front of her said nothing, eyes scanning her figure with a straight face. she knew that he was deep in thought just on how spaced out his dark eyes were- probably thinking of a reasonable explanation as to why she returned.

don't get mikey wrong, he wasn't complaining about this- he was more than happy that he finally has her back to hold and to cherish.

but the thought of how she came back couldn't just leave his mind. it wasn't scientifically possible that she's just alive after all this time- the hospital even confirmed her time of passing.

thinking back to it, tachibana hinata did say that takemichi was from the future- so maybe there are really no limitations to what the world can do.

if one can leap through time then it's possible for another to die and come back to life.

oh who the hell is he kidding, why was he even thinking hard for this? he's clearly incapable of processing such series of unfortunate events.

"mikey...?" y/n's soft-spoken voice snapped him out of his trance, looking up from the ground to see her concerned (e/c) eyes looking back at him.

sano manjiro may not be mentally capable of solving for her revival- but he does know that he missed her so much to even worry about that right now.

the blond male said nothing, standing up from the ground and walked towards her- y/n looking up at him in slight confusion.

she let out a small 'oof' when he basically dropped himself on her, arms wrapped tight on her waist and face buried on her neck.

mikey rocked their bodies slowly, unable to stop the tears that welled in his eyes as he inhaled the familiar scent that he had grown to love so much.

even though she was gone for not even a day- the (h/c) haired girl basically died in his arms that day.
and now she's back in his arms, alive and healthy.

"i love you." he muttered, damp cheeks brushing onto her dry neck that made y/n stare at the distance with wide eyes.

"i love you so much."

tears welled her (e/c) eyes, shaky hands wrapping themselves on his neck as she let the blond cry onto her shoulder.

"you don't know just how scared i was... thinking that i lost you."

"please don't scare me like that ever again... please don't leave me alone."

a shaky chuckle left her lips, nodding softly at his words as her hands intertwined themselves on his blond locks- caressing it comfortingly that made mikey sigh in relief.

"i won't... i promise."

"i love you too much to even think of leaving you."

the two had their fair share of tears, hugging each other in fear that one of them will disappear if they let go. they whispered nothing but sweet, comforting nothings into each other's ears as they basked in their presence.