𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐱 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐩𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐫, 𝐡𝐚𝐣𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐤𝐨𝐤𝐨𝐧𝐨𝐢

hajime kokonoi was going on about his day when he suddenly received an unknown phone call.

of course, any normal person would just ignore it and just continue on with their normal daily routine- but kokonoi wasn't anywhere near normal, he's part of a delinquents gang for fucks sake.

his naturally arched brows rose further as he picked up the call.

"hello?" he asked, stopping by the sidewalk as he waited for the other person to speak up.

"excuse me but is this hajime kokonoi?" the person asked. his back immediately straightened as he took out his other hand from his pocket to fix his hair- whoever this was sounded serious and professional, scaring him a bit.

"yeah, who might you be?"

"this is st. lukes hospital. we're just calling to let you know that your relative l/n y/n has been admitted just ten minutes ago." kokonoi felt his blood run cold as his steely dark eyes narrowed.

"what happened?"

this wasn't the first time he had received a call because the girl was hospitalized, no. he received the first one a couple of months ago because the girl needed her bills paid- he isn't saying that he's salty no, he's more than willing to pay no matter how much.

"she's been involved with a gang fight and has been stabbed. it seems that the wound was open for a long period of time, she's lost a lot of blood." koko sighed as he leaned his frame to the lamppost he was standing next to.

seriously, can this girl stop getting stabbed?

"it's been a couple of hours since the operation finished and from the looks of it- it's possible that she's falling into a coma."

the unsettling feeling of deja vu hit him like a truck, eyes widening as his mind falls back to when he witnessed his first love fall into a coma.

"why're you telling me this? doesn't she have friends with her?" he asked, fists clenching his coat as he waited for the doctor's reply.

"they left a moment ago. actually, some blonde kid left your name and number for us to contact- said something about payment and stuff." kokonoi let out a breathy chuckle as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"how much?"

"well... seeing as how we need to pay for her operation and the future medication because she's in a coma- for now we have an estimation of 400,000 ¥, that's only for the surgery."

blank, black eyes stared at the pavement as the sunset behind him.

he really hated the hospital for reasons known to many- he already once lost someone inside that building and he's about to lose another.

kokonoi wouldn't admit it, but he'd pay even with his life to save the girl that he fell in love with- seeing that he couldn't save his first one.

sighing, he closed his eyes and crouched down.

"alright, thank you. i'll swing by sometime tomorrow to pay the first half."

"okay. thank you and have a nice evening."

the phone fell from his grasp as the call ended, eyes covering his eyes as tears pricked his eyes. he's aware that crying won't solve anything, so he refuses to let the fall.

but the thought of a certain (h/c) haired female possibly falling into a coma made his heart feel heavy.

"don't scare me like that... y/n."

mikey walked down the white halls as the smell of antiseptic and other medical fluids reached his nostrils- making him scrunch his nose up at the annoying stench

once again, he was alone. draken nor takemichi can be seen beside him as he passed by the same-looking doors, stopping in front of one just down the hall.

l/n y/n, 15

he reads before entering the room with the same colors as the hallway.

the room could be described as empty if it wasn't for the bed in the middle with a (h/c) girl laying on it, wired connecting her to the machine that's obnoxiously beeping beside her.

mikey was reminded of that one time she's been stabbed when she almost didn't make it seeing as she went into cardiac arrest.

now she's in here for the same reason- but in the worst situation he could ever think of.

his eyes wandered at the uneaten peyoung yakisoba at the girl's bedside table, a note beside it with sloppy handwriting that belongs to the one and only baji keisuke.

flowers from both toman and decay of angels covering the bottom of her bed as the table was already flooded with letters and food.

the male sighed as he sat down at the chair beside her bed, holding onto her wired hand as he rubbed comforting circles on them.

"it's already been a week, y/n..." he began, smiling softly as he kept caressing her hand, kissing her palm before placing it on his cheek.

"baji went back to toman, of course, he hates kisaki with his guts but he manages. oh and valhalla joined in too- our numbers grew bigger overnight."

mikey sat there as he kept telling her about how his week and day went, piping up a joke here and there- receiving silence as a response.

the male sadly sighed as he rested his cheek on her stomach, looking up at her peaceful state.

"the angels have been on hiatus ever since you and f/n were gone. we had mitsuya be their acting captain for the meanwhile."

he drew circles on her arm as he zoned off to the white noise of the machine beside them.

"so wake up and lead them once more, they need you you know. don't even worry about the bills- i had someone pay it for you."

mikey internally cringed when he had to write down the contact number that he had memorized last august for scenarios like this- or others not worthy to mention.

"i miss you baby, we all do." he felt tears prick at his eyes as he tried to keep them from falling.

"i bet if f/n were here she'd probably force you awake." a broken chuckle was heard as he buried his face at the thin sheet covering her figure.

"baji wants to see you... i want to see you so badly. so please... wake up goddammit."

"that's not how you wake someone up dimwit."

he cried even further to the blanket, fists bunching it up as sobs racked his body.

"now i'm starting to hallucinate-!" a warm hand was placed on top of his head, stopping him from sobbing any further as he raised his head slowly, looking at a smiling y/n in front of him.

"i told you, didn't i? even if i have to go through hell and back, nothing can stop me from ever returning to you." she cooed. as much as she wants to reach for him fully, her arms were kinda noodles because she's been asleep for a week.

tears flowed down his cheek as he gently took her body and embraced it, rocking them back and forth as he caressed her hair softly.

"you're awake..."

"very much yes." she giggled, wrapping a weak arm around him.

"you worried me to death..."

"i'm sorry."

"i thought i lost you..."

"i'm sorry."

mikey couldn't stop the tears from falling as he buried his head on her shoulders.

"please... never do that again..."

y/n had on a small smile on her face as she basked herself in mikey's warmth.

"of course, mikey."

mikey was tasked to call for the nurse the moment the girl wakes up, but right now that doesn't matter.

what matters to him more is that she's back and awake in his arms, whispering sweet nothings into his ear as the two stayed there for hours on end.