𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐝

y/n looked out the window of the bus as she admired the houses they were passing by.

even though she had seen the scenery a couple of times, she still admired it like a tourist seeing it for the first time.

her mind, however, was in another world.

she never expected to cross paths with him again. and she most definitely didn't expect him to treat her like that after breaking up with her.

meeting kokonoi again after a year triggered some memories in her mind that forced her to reminisce about them.

it isn't some new news to her how kokonoi had a crush on his childhood best friend's older sister. it was obvious.

before transferring schools, y/n had spent her first two years of middle school with kokonoi and his friend- inui seishu .

y/n was a class ahead of the two, given how she prioritizes her studies before anything else. some might say that she was boring- but a lot of people actually like her due to her kind personality, and they also didn't want to get placed on the student council president's bad side.

she always saw the pair of friends together behind the school at lunch- or on the rooftop after classes. but she never really approached them because she had no reason to.

that was until she heard about the fire that occurred in the inui household.

she overheard some students talking about it- and her being almost everyone's friend, they told her about it.

y/n felt bad for seishu , having to lose his older sister to that fire.

he can probably hear the students whisper about him- i mean, they were everywhere.

so she took the upper hand and told the students in her classroom that if she heard them talk about the accident again- she'd have to reprimand them.

word spread fast about how the student council president was going to reprimand students- and not before long did it reach the two friends.

y/n approached inui during lunchtime, bowing to him to give him her condolences and also as an apology for the students who butted in his private business.

inui thanked her, for protecting his privacy as well as being respectful to his late sister.

at that moment- for kokonoi that is- it was the first time he ever met the president of the student council face to face.

he had heard about her from his friends before- on how she had them clean up the toilets due to vandalizing one of the stalls.

since then, he thought that the president was just a stuck-up student- but he was mistaken when she was in front of him and seishu, bowing down at an almost perfect angle as she offered inui a basket of freshly baked goods.