𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡

the sound of the clock ticking from the cold hospital walls resonated around the almost empty room- four teenagers separated from one another to give them space for mourning.

tachibana hinata stood in front of sano manjiro who had his head down, not moving from his previous position for an hour or so.

sano emma and ryuguji ken were a bit of a distance from the two, the tall blond male comforting his friends' sister who still can't move on from the 'passing' of her best friend.

"excuse me... can i talk to you for a while?" the peach-haired female asked, receiving nothing but silence as a response.

"takemichi... i think he tried to save y/n."

this made draken straighten up, covering emma's ears to prevent her from getting all emotional up again as he gave a look at the female.

"hey, you shouldn't be saying stuff like that at times like these!" he exclaimed, hina just looking down with teary eyes.

he caressed the blonde female's hair who was still in his arms, trying desperately to console herself that everything will be fine.

"why is everyone being weird? first takemitchy and now you. what the hell is wrong today?"

"it's not just y/n- he's trying to save a lot of people at the same time." at this point, draken looked at her with furrowed brows- emma silently listening in on their conversation.

even with his big hands covering her ears, she has pretty good hearing.

"what are you even talking about?"

"i will die." this made the tall blond pipe down, looking at her with a mix of confusion and a little bit of annoyance.

"in twelve years, i will die."

emma and draken both looked at her with wide eyes, same goes for mikey but he had his head down so no one could see him.

"takemichi came from the future to stop that from happening. i know that this may all sound nothing but lies, but it's true."

the blonde female nodded absentmindedly, thinking back to earlier when she was with takemichi in front of the graveyard.

"she's right." now it was draken and hina's turn to look at her.

"when y/n was unconscious on the ground, he told her that if she were to die- then he wouldn't be able to save her."

tachibana hinata couldm't help but tear up at this, looking at the ground as her friend teared up as well.

"you can see his desperation in saving all of us. because he knows what our future is- he wants us to live a good life."

sano manjiro saw flashes of memories when takemichi, even though all beaten and bloodied up, never gave in to his opponents and stood his ground.

even when he knows he's at a disadvantage, he still persevered through it all.

it all makes sense now.

"he does everything to make sure that i have a good future- but i can't even do anything for him."

all of them turned to look at the small blond who stood up, eyes holding different emotions as he gazed at them with a stone-faced expression.

"let's go save his ass from those tenjiku fucks."