After Shot: Honeymoon ~2~

A squeeze of Chris' hand against my thigh makes me stir from my sleep.  I'm almost shocked to have slept at all on the flight from Switzerland. I lift my head, my eyes still threatening to close on their own until Chris is pointing at the plane's window.

  If  I thought Switzerland was a dream, then the Maldives must be heaven. White sand beaches and crystal clear water. "Holy cow," I mutter, feeling Chris lean over to kiss my temple. 

  "You awake now?" he teases, still gripping my thigh. I can't speak, the beauty from the sky stealing all my words and thoughts leaving me with only one way of answering, my head nods. "Wait til you see where we're staying."

  My inability to speak has a hold on me even after we check into the resort. I'd been sat on a plane for twelve hours and was insistent to walk once we arrived. I'd have never guessed I'd be walking out on top of the Indian Ocean. I feel Chris' eyes on me, watching me take it all in. "This is insane."

  "Wait til you see the villa," he smirks as we follow behind the older gentleman with our luggage. 

  We walk further out until stopping at the last villa.  I don't even step inside yet, too busy taking in the beauty surrounding me to concern myself with being indoors.  I don't even realize that the resort staff has exited until I feel Chris' hands resting on my hips. "How is this my life?" my whisper falling against the peaceful area.

  Truly. How did I go from being a third grade elementary school teacher who would've had to save for multiple years to even think about booking this type of a vacation?  Going from spending day after day grading papers, teaching division and sitting in a loud cafeteria to now having the ability to travel the world which ever way my husband's career takes him. 

  "I ask myself that question all the time," I hear over the top of my head. "Especially since you waltzed into my life."

  "I wouldn't call that a waltz, Cap," I giggle, turning around to face him. "Maybe a very slow, reserved Box Step."

  His eyes narrow slightly, the corner of his mouth starting to smirk. "I'll have you know the Box Step is a type of waltz."

  I huff fake annoyance, rolling my eyes. "What can I say? I am  not smarter than a 5th grader."

  The smirk gets bigger as he leans closer to my lips, "Guess I'm in good company then, cause that makes two of us," he tries to kiss me as I start laughing uncontrollably.

  "No wonder you're Ethan's favorite."

  Chris shrugs his shoulders, looking down at his watch. "We've got dinner reservations to get to in about two hours. Care to clean the grime of the flight off?"

  "Off of me, or you?" I ask, cheekily.

  "I'll do you if you do me."

  I push off of his chest, laughing. I start to walk off, "Such a way with words. Just make my heart pitter patter." 

  The sound of him rushing towards me makes me try and move quicker. "I've got your pitter patter right here!" he yells out, grabbing me around the waist before he's carrying me into the shower. 

  My jaw goes slack again when we step into another resort in the area. Everything feels like a dream.

  Chris keeps a hold of my hand to help keep me steady with my leg. I'd begged to not enter in the chair, which may have also led to him carrying me down the boardwalk to leave the villa. 

  Who's gonna complain about that?

  Not I, that's for sure. Instead I take a funny video of it, laughing hysterically at the funny faces he makes and the strained effort he poses to not drop me.