~49~

Dempsey insisted on picking Chris up for their Saturday date that she was in charge of planning. With a quick glance in her full length mirror she feels that she's met her idea of casual and comfortable with leggings, a tee and a quilted pull over. All of this to say she hopes it's enough to keep his eye from wandering.

  She can't help it. The stupid video plays on repeat in her mind even if she hasn't watched it since the first night.

  Even after his proclamation the night before, she still feels like something is off.  While she feels the same way about him, she's holding off a bit longer. Maybe making him sweat a bit will help the situation.

  The drive to Chris' home takes a bit longer than normal considering a bit of a heavy snow had come through during the night. What was originally planned as an all day date changed to mid afternoon in the hopes that the sun would help melt at least a small amount making the trek a bit easier. 

  Dempsey grins immediately upon pulling up his drive, seeing Dodger through the window waiting on her arrival. As soon as she steps out of the car she notices him start barking, disappearing to make his way to the door. "Calm down, bubs!" she hears through the other side of the door before it's pulled open. "Beautiful, come on in."

  One foot crosses the threshold before he's on her. Dodger tries to jump right up into her arms, almost knocking her over. Dempsey crouches down, meeting him for all the kisses he wants to give her having missed seeing him while Chris was away on the press tour. 

  Seeing that he's getting the short end of this love fest, Chris joins them on the floor causing Dodger to jump between the two unable to decide who to focus his affection on the most. 

  "So, what's the plan for the day?" Chris asks once Dodger has calmed down enough, laying between the couple as they sit facing one another.

  "Well," she starts, chewing the corner of her lip. "It's all a surprise."

  "I don't wike it," he mutters, his head dropping. "I don't like surprises."

  "If I tell you what they are then I know for certain you'll say no to at least one of them, so I've got to keep it a secret," she pouts at him, even poking her lower lip out to him. 

  "Oh, don't be going and pulling that mess," he whines, gesturing towards her lip. "You know I just want to suck on that thing any time you poke it out, and unless that's part of the plan, I'd put it back in."

  Dempsey wiggles her brows at him, teasing him with his own actions. He groans, falling back on the floor causing Dodger to jump on top of him thinking it's time for a roll around with his daddy. She takes the moment of distraction to snap a quick photo of the two before reaching over to grab Chris' NASA cap off the arm of the couch. 

  "This won't work today, babe."

  "Why not?" he asks, pushing Dodger off of him so he can sit up.

  "I'm afraid it might be too recognizable at this point. Sawyer said you're always wearing this one in your Instagram photos, so. I suggest one that you don't wear as often."

  He heads into his bedroom, coming back out with his Bruins cap on. "Okay, yeah no."

  Chris stops midstride. "What now?" he chuckles.

  "Now, I just want to jump your bones." This sends him into a fit of laughter before he's practically begging her to follow through. "I'll just have to keep myself from looking at you I suppose. Let's go, we got places to be."

  "You aren't serious."

  Dempsey can't hide the smirk any longer as the movie theater host points them to their theater. "I'm as serious as a heart attack."