Chapter 148

The back ghost quickly left with the hanged ghost, leaving only the straw rope swaying on the beam in the broken brick house.

Zheng Yi's deliberately lowered voice came from the door. "Hercule?"

Xiao Li turned to the door while still holding the umbrella. Then he saw that the outside of the house was no longer the same as when they came in.

The villagers who had been enjoying the coolness outside or were taking a walk had disappeared. The entire village had no other sound apart from the three of them. Even the cicadas and birds on the mountain couldn't be heard. It had become a dead village.

In fact, if they looked carefully through the broken paper window, they could see the villagers when they died. Some were sitting on the ground in fear, some had covered their hearts and stood upright, some had fallen on the bed. The corpses had been rotting for a long time and it was almost impossible to distinguish their appearance.

A slaughtered village? Was this done by Xu Jin's soul? However, Xu Jin needed the help of the reincarnator with this umbrella to get revenge. It didn't seem like she could do this.

Xiao Li changed the hand holding the purple umbrella. He was about to walk out of the house when he looked up and saw a face appear on the surface of the umbrella.

Xiao Li paused. "...Xu Jin?"

A hint of nostalgia appeared on the face. It seemed she hadn't been called this for a long time."

A light voice entered Xiao Li's ear. "Thank you."

Xu Jin's voice was very gentle. If her real appearance could be seen that she must belong to the type of people who were knowledgeable and reasonable. She wasn't even aggressive as a ghost. She continued speaking, "This umbrella is my mother's umbrella. On the day when I stole my household registration book and registered a marriage with him, it was raining like this. I took this umbrella from the umbrella stand in my house but I never thought it would be the last time I saw my parents."

"Looking back now, the moment I regret most is the day I chose to elope with him. It is no wonder that I would eventually form an obsession." Xu Jin stated. "Now everything has passed and my obsession is about to dissipate. This umbrella will also be unsealed. Foreign tourist, you will get what you want."

Xiao Li thought for a moment. "Can I ask a question?"

"Say it."

"Why did the village become like this?"

According to the personality that Xu Jin just showed, apart from the scumbag man who abused her, she definitely wouldn't act against others like the old woman who showed her sympathy.

Xu Jin replied, "...I don't know."

"At that time, everything was chaotic. Then an outsider came to the village. He persuaded the village chief that the feng shui in our village was very evil. If we sacrificed nearly half the villagers then we could get the power to achieve what we wanted.

"The village chief's son accidentally leaked it when pursuing the girl he liked. This matter was revealed and everyone started arguing. They looked at each other with bad intentions and started killing each other. Many innocent old people and children..."

At the beginning of this, Xu Jin was beaten by her husband on the grounds of insufficient care and died at home.

The outsider who knew about the 'sacrifice', it was unknown if he was a warlock in this instance world or a reincarnator.

"Then my obsession formed a force and I was attached to this umbrella. I found that after I died, I was able to control the village..."

This was what Xiao Li saw when he came over.