Chapter 92

Xiao Li put the white shadow in the trunk and clapped as he got back into the car. He had just got into the car when Hao Ge in the driver's seat turned close to 180 degrees to look at him with horror. "How did you let it get on the car?"

Xiao Li sat on the car seat. "Isn't it supposed to get on the car?"

Hao Ge wasn't willing to accept the reality of a ghost in the trunk of his car. "However, we can't bring it. What if it climbs out the back and attacks us..."

Xiao Li asked lightly, "If you don't let it come up then how will you break this endless road?"

There would be nonstop collisions and the final result was that the car ran out of gas and ended up on the side of the road. Then the ghost could only use them as meat.

Zou Hanyi said, "Sherlock is right. Since the instance gave us a car at the beginning, this ghost blocking the road is also in its consideration. We can only take it with us."

The trunk was already the best choice, otherwise one of them would have to hold the ghost... at that time, they would likely be wiped out one by one. Before the clues came out, the ghost couldn't kill anyone. Even so, having a ghost in the car was a psychological pressure that made the reincarnators feel quite uncomfortable.

Hao Ge also understood this. He adjusted the angle of the rearview mirror with his hand, making it convenient for him to keep an eye on the trunk as he stepped on the accelerator. The endless forest outside the window might look exactly the same to ordinary people but Xiao Li knew that they had come out of the previous road loop.

The off-road vehicle was driving smoothly but the reincarnators sitting in the back were ill at east. They didn't dare to lean on the back seat out of fear the ghost in the trunk would act if they relaxed.

Everyone was upright. Anyone who saw them from outside the window would think they were sitting in the military position. Compared to them, it was like Xiao Li was going on a holiday. He leisurely leaned on the car seat.

Along the way, the white shadow in the trunk was surprisingly quiet and didn't do anything. Of course, it was tied up like sushi and couldn't move.

Zou Hanyi calmed herself down. She picked up the map in the driver's seat and identified the direction on the map. Time passed minute by minute. After a few hours, a sign appeared on the side of the road that read: 3KM.

There was still a distance of 3km from the forbidden zone. Soon, the road came to an end and a huge desert city appeared in the eyes of the reincarnators. It was a desolate, silent desert city. The years hadn't turned it to ruins. Rather, time solidified it forever in the moment when the inhabitants left.

Instead of driving in, Hao Ge parked the car in front of the desert city and asked the others for their opinion. "What do we do now?"

Hai Han muttered, "D-Drive in? I... I don't want to get out of the car..."

Having a car gave the reincarnators a sense of security. Not only were they separated from the ghosts by a layer of windows, their speed was also very fast.

Zou Hanyi agreed. "I also feel like we should go in and wait until the second phase of the task is triggered."

The others agreed and they continued to drive the car forward into the desert city. The moment the off-road vehicle entered the forbidden zone, all their task books shook. [The second phase: exploring the forbidden zone.]

Compared to the previous missions such as 'surviving seven days', this type of exploratory mission was wide-ranging, autonomous and contained great danger. Hai Han spoke first. "Exploration? What exploration? Do we just drive the car around?"