Chapter 36

Xiao Li finished his words and naturally turned to continue towards the village chief's house.

Zhu Yiting and the others stayed in place. They were now faced with a life or death choice. Should they take the huge risk and follow Xiao Li or should they find a villager's house to sleep for the night?

Yong Chun pointed to Xiao Li's back and asked his teammates. "What should we do? Do you want to follow?"

Zhu Yiting looked at his face and then the distant Xiao Li. "What do you think?"

On a rational and emotional level, Zhu Yiting liked the latter choice. After all, who would want to go to a dead person's house to gather souls at night? Forget this type of behaviour in a real horror world, Zhu Yiting felt that such a person would die even in a horror movie. Even if it was Sherlock-

Zhu Yiting's thought stopped here because he couldn't imagine Sherlock being killed by a ghost...

A person who was this crazy to die really wouldn't die, right?

Fan Ren pulled at his arm. "If we want to follow then we have to quickly make a decision. He is already gone."

The moment he heard this, Zhu Yiting turned to look at Xiao Li's back, only to find that the other person had disappeared from view.

"Walking so far, is he really not afraid?" Yong Chun muttered.

The trio stood there before Tao Fei made a decision first. She clenched her fists and ran in Xiao Li's decision. Rather than taking the risk to knock on a villager's door when she didn't know if they were dead or not, it was better to fight with Sherlock!

"She really went." Yong Chun told her friends. "We aren't as good... can we be more daring than her? Eh, Pig, what's with your face?"

Zhu Yiting covered his belly and tightened his legs. He forced his piss down and stood up straight. "Nothing, since it's decided then let's catch up."

The trio also took the path to the village chief's house.

The moon in the sky became darker. Death had quietly appeared in the village and many villagers had fallen into the world of death. It seemed that the dark clouds hovering over the Gathering Soul Village also sensed the ghostly atmosphere and let out light rain.

Raindrops fell in the night and onto Xiao Li's head, wetting his black hair. Xiao Li looked up just as a drop of rain fell on his face. He wiped the rain with the back of his hand.

He didn't know how long this rain would last and wet clothes against his body felt very uncomfortable. He now needed an umbrella. Xiao Li mused on it for a moment before remembering that he obtained a beautiful purple umbrella from a lucky draw chance. It was later admitted by the little yellow book that the function of this umbrella was to avoid ghost attacks. Xiao Li hadn't needed it and forgot about it.

Xiao Li took out the little yellow book and wrote the words 'Eternal Soul Umbrella' into it. The quaint purple umbrella appeared in his hands. Xiao Li opened the umbrella, blocked the raindrops and continued to walk towards the village chief's house.

After a while, there was the sound of rapid footsteps behind him. Tao Fei and Zhu Yiting's group of three gasped as they caught up. The black-haired teenager turned with the purple umbrella to look at the four people chasing him.

Zhu Yiting whose body was wet from the rain, "???"

Yong Chun used his hand to push up the wet hair on his forehead. "Sherlock, where did you get that umbrella?"

Xiao Li hesitatingly glanced at them. He seemed to be wondering if he should give them the umbrella but changed his mind after seeing the size of the umbrella. "From a lucky draw."