Chapter 155

This time, Abel and Abbott were no longer moving in the same direction as before. Instead, they were going through the forest without interruption. The trees became denser and the distance between trees was shorter. The umbrella's surface was easily scratched by the branches.

The two people in front had already put away their umbrellas. They touched their pockets and pulled out the long-prepared waterproof fabric that they placed over their heads.

...The umbrella had to be put away.

Xiao Li came to this conclusion after seeing how dense the branches were. Just as he was about to close the umbrella, another figure appeared in the forest. The other person didn't hide his meaning. He walked through the forest daringly. One hand broke a branch blocking the path and it made a clear sound that was covered by the rain.

The tall young man was wearing a black jacket and half his shoulders were wet by the rain. Shen Chenzhi stood in front of Xiao Li with an umbrella in one hand and a black hat in the other. He stared at Xiao Li, reached for Xiao Li's umbrella and then placed the hat on Xiao Li. This hat had a wide brim and could block the rain to a certain extent.

Xiao Li didn't refuse. He pressed the brim down and his entire face was almost covered in a shadow, leaving only his delicate jawline. The rain fell on his shoulder and penetrated into his coat. Shen Chenzhi put away his umbrella as well. He took off his coat and covered the two people with his coat, so that he could be closer to Xiao Li.

He bent over slightly and asked, "What are you doing here?"

"...Watching a play."

Shen Chenzhi stated, "Take me."

Xiao Li was a bit uncomfortable because he was used to acting alone. Ye Zeqing and the others might like following him but... Shen Chenzhi wasn't quite the same as them. However, now wasn't the time to hesitate.

Xiao Li flicked the brim of the hat with his finger and responded with body language. He gestured to the place where Abel's group had been and motioned for the other person to follow.

Shen Chenzhi was left behind. He smiled and followed.

This forest hadn't been cleaned for years. The trees were tall and the branches stretched out their claws towards the sky. The sound of rain was mixed with the sound of the wind, completely burying the sound of the two people stepping on the branches. It wasn't night yet but in the scary and dark forest, they could only see a short distance in front of them. Abel in front had to turn on his flashlight.

During the journey, Abel frequently looked behind him with a frown.

Abbott asked, "What's wrong?"

"I always feel that something behind us is following us..."

The flashlight shone on every inch behind the two people. There were the wind and raindrops hitting the leaves. The shadows of the trees shook constantly and it was as if there were monsters hiding in all directions.

Abel held something in one hand. He threw it up like a bowling ball. It shook in a circle before falling back into his hand. Abbott stared at the ball in this person's hand. "Did you sense it incorrectly? It didn't react so there are no ghosts nearby."

Abel wondered, "Is it a person?"

"A person?" Abbott sneered. "Those reincarnators? They are still looking for the evil spirit in the hotel. How can they have the courage to follow us?"

"Most people are like that." Abel turned his flashlight, persuaded by his companion to speed up and move forward. "However, there are people worth noting."