Chapter 37

In the rainy night, the little black cat was extremely fast. It was like black lightning as it cut through the night, disappearing almost instantly without a trace. In order to catch up with the little black cat, Xiao Li didn't have time to open the umbrella and ran in the rain.

Chasing a black cat in the darkness, Xiao Li suddenly thought of the famous painting 'Black Cat in the Night'. That painting was like black paper and was confusing.

Rain fell on the teenager, drenching his body in an instant. He almost lost the traces of the black cat after a few steps. Fortunately, the hair belonging to Tan Li emerged from his pocket and pulled him towards the northwest. He ran through almost all of the village before stopping.

This was a ruined thatched hut that was leaning against a dry tree with a dry well on the side. There was a hold in the roof of the house. It could be seen that this thatch had originally been repaired since there were two bricks pressed next to it. Now the pile of thatch had long been rotten and yellow, exposing the hole in the roof. It was like a black hole but something seemed to be moving on the edge of the hole.

It was too dark here so the phone where Zhou Ying was living floated out again and gave a light to Xiao Li.

Xiao Li saw a black cat on the roof with a handful of grass in its mouth. It was trying to fill the roof with the grass to block the hole. Its fur was all wet and stuck to the surface of its body in an uncomfortable manner. However, the black cat just shook its body from time to time in the rain as it kept working hard.

Looking closely, this thatched hut was obviously in disrepair. There were traces of damage in many places. There were also holes in the window but they had been blocked by stones. It was all the work of the black cat.

The light of the phone was bright and the black cat squinted in the direction. After seeing the human figure coming towards it, the cat wanted to cry out to threaten this person but there was something in its mouth. The loose grass was going to fall so it shut its mouth and let out angry air from its nose.

Its anger caused many shadows to move around it. On a closer look, there were the villagers who died and came here at the call of the black cat.

There was a burst of footsteps from Xiao Li's directly. Zhu Yiting and the others had come running here in a panic and stood next to Xiao Li one by one. They had watched Xiao Li pursue the black cat. They hesitated for a moment before choosing to follow. They didn't have the help of Tan Li but Xiao Li left footprints in the soil. Thus, they smoothly arrived here and faced this situation.

Zhu Yiting looked at the villagers close together and was about to question Xiao Li when the other person suddenly moved.

Xiao Li walked towards the hut. He visually measured the distance to the roof. Then he held the umbrella in one hand and grasped the tree trunk with his right hand. He jumped, wanting to use the branches as a springboard and jumped onto the roof. However, his plan couldn't keep up with the change. The trunk was too slippery from the rain and Xiao Li couldn't jump up the first time. He could only make a second attempt. This time, he jumped up successfully and stepped on the roof.

The little black cat because even more nervous. It crouched down, a sound emerging from its throat like a beast's howl. Xiao Li also crouched down. He held up the umbrella and covered the cat's head with the umbrella. Then he used his other hand to grab the grass in the mouth.

The black cat flashed its paws and Xiao Li took back his hands, avoiding it. He said, "I will help you."

The cat seemed to understand and hesitantly opened its mouth. Its pupils had shrunk because of the flashlight and the golden vertical lines stared at the boy in front of it. Xiao Li spread out the grass and covered the hole in the roof. He pressed down the corners with the original brick and clapped with satisfaction. The little black cat reached out a front paw and tentatively patted the grass with a fleshy pad.