CHAPTER 58

I closed my eyes and braced myself for the pain that was to come.

I heard growls, a lot of them.

I was right here, defenseless, waiting to be torn apart and they were still growling? Why do they need to growl?

The sound of their moving paws stopped as they growled again or was it in return?

Wait a minute, I think the growls are different are there two wolf factions here tonight? I wondered as my eyes flew open.

If there was, then I am lucky. I thought with a smile as I look at the moon.

Rieka was right, maybe tonight is not the night we die. I thought that is if, the bleeding doesn't kill me first.

"Stay away from her." I heard an all too familiar voice say and it took me a few seconds to recognize.....

"Ramon?" I whispered and tried to turn around to be sure it was him but I couldn't. "He came for me?"

"Ramon!" I heard Alpha Dante confirm with venom in his voice as he walked in front of his blood moon pack.

"Long time no see Dante," Ramon said.

"It is Alpha Dante to you!" He thundered in anger and Ramon laughed bitterly.

"You are nothing but a pathetic rogue who betrayed his own pack as a result of his greed, how are you worthy to be called an Alpha?" Ramon asked and I frowned.

He was a rogue, he was an Austan who became a rogue. How did he betray the pack? I was curious but Ramon continued.

"Your eye wound is fresh. I am guessing she did that." Ramon gloated with pride and Dante growled. "I didn't think she could achieve that much. That is more than enough, I'm sure Adela would be proud." Ramon said with a smile and I smiled too.

He was addressing that to me.

"You would all die tonight." Alpha Dante said with gritted teeth and I heard the smile in Ramon's voice.

"No, I think you would die tonight Dante, you are outnumbered and surrounded," Ramon said with slight leisure in his voice.

Alpha Dante chuckled, "You brought the whole dark knight for a mere girl? How impressive"

"I see, you are still denying the truth that is right in front of you. The one to fulfill the prophecy, your nemesis." Ramon said and even though I was more confused, I could see he was enjoying this.

He was enjoying pissing Alpha Dante off.

"She is not!" Alpha Dante said with grit teeth.

"As a matter of fact, she is. You have seen her fur have you not? Probably has met her viciousness. There is only one person you and I know who has a viciousness on the same level as hers and his blood runs through her veins. The blood of the true alpha!"

"Kill them all!" Dante shouted before Ramon could even finish speaking and all I heard were shouts and clashes of knives, arrows whooshing, bodies falling all around me, and blood splattered on me.

Amidst the shout, I heard someone shout, "Protect the mistress!"

Did they choose a new dark mistress when I left? I asked myself as I began to feel dizzy. The blood loss was finally beginning to take its toll on me.

Before I could dwell on it, I felt two strong arms around me and I was being lifted up, I groaned as I was been helped to my feet.

Now I had a clear view of the battle, but couldn't watch as a cloak was thrown over my shoulders to cover my naked body and I was being carried to a corner of the woods, away from the battle where limbs were flying all over.

The two warriors sat me on a fallen tree and began to take a look at the injury on my side. I didn't even recognize them.

"It looks deep." One of them said as he accessed the glass shard on my side, "We have to take her back to the castle as soon as possible." He said to the other.

"I would tell Ramon," The other man said and he ran away.

Why didn't he just mind-link him? I wondered.

The other man looked at me, "You would be okay mistress, we would take you to safety soon." He said.

Mistress? Was he drunk or something, I think he had me mistaken for the new dark mistress. I thought.

"Wait I'm not...."

The other man rushed back before I could finish, "Ramon gave orders to end the fight quickly, we can't just leave with her, only the mistress can transport us home." He said and the two men glanced at me.

What the hell were they talking about? And why were they looking at me? I am not even the mistress, I thought and sighed as I rested my back against another tree, I was too tired to think of any other thing.

I just hope I survive the night while they fought the battle.
.........

"Silveen." I heard someone whisper my name and I opened my eyes to realize I had slept off there.

It was Ramon.

"Are you okay? Can you walk?" He asked and I nodded,

"Is the fight over? Did you get Alpha Dante?" I asked as he pulled me up.

I staggered a bit before my spinning head cleared, but even then I felt so tired. The bleeding had stopped and blood had clotted around the injury.

"He escaped and yes we are done fighting. How can you be worried about that in this situation?" He scolded as he supported me by placing my right hand around his neck and making me lean on him as he helped my back into the gathering.

On getting there, I saw the warriors waiting. Alpha Dante wasn't lying when he said Ramon deployed a lot, there were so many of them, all dressed in dark leather. The signature outfit of the dark knights.

They all gave us their attention, got into formation, went on one knee to the ground, placed their right fist over their heart, and bowed their head.

"Dark mistress!" They all chorused and I looked confused as I turned to look for who they might be addressing. When I saw I was the only female standing there, I realized....

"There must be some kind of mistake, why would you..."

"Adela made you her successor when she gave you her portal ring," Ramon said, I glanced at him and my legs weakened.

What kind of responsibility is that? How can I protect and lead these people? I was a reckless wolf in blood rage who didn't even know how to get out of a fight alive. I thought but Rieka puffed her chest with pride.

"We are the leader now. Let's make them stronger." She said.

"Is strength all you ever think about?" I scolded.

"How would we defeat Alpha Dante and protect the lair, our pack, and our mother if we do not become stronger!" She countered and I went silent.

How did I end up having so many responsibilities? All I used to want in the past was revenge against Eric but now I have these people looking up to me. Can I even afford to think of that anymore? I sighed and leaned against Ramon.

I couldn't even argue about this, arguing would drain the remaining strength I have left.

"How did you find me?" I asked with a sigh.

"Half of us followed your trail, and trust me you left a huge one," Ramon said and I smiled faintly. I really did.

"Selene and I transported the rest through our portal ring, but we can't transport everyone back at the same time. Only you can do that." He said and I gave him a surprised look.

"Me?" I asked.

"Yes! Do you have the ring Adela gave you?" He asked and I glanced athim before pulling the necklace I had made, from under the cloth they hadearlier used to cover my nakedness. At the edge of the chain was the ring Adelahad pushed into my hand before she died.

Ramon took off the necklace from my neck and removed the ring from it ashe handed me over to the nearest man for support, "Only your portal ringhas the strength to transport our number back at once." He said and Iblinked twice.

I didn't even realize I had been carrying a portal ring all this time. I hadalmost died when I had the easiest method of escape at hand.

Ramon slipped the ring into my pointer finger. "Think of the lair, letyour imagination guide you." He said and I nodded.

I closed my dizzy eyes and stretched my hand, as I imagined the place that nowrepresented home and drew the imaginary circle that was the gateway to take usthere, as I have seen Ramon do a thousand times.

When I heard the relief in his breath I opened my eyes and saw the largeportal open and I smiled.

I did it.

"Time to go home." He said.

****

Hehe! added a little doctor strange scene.