CHAPTER 26

"Family." Rieka stated as she stared at the woman clothed in leather in front of us, I could see a glimpse of the woman in my mind even though my eyes were closed.

"Family?" I asked as I also open my eyes to get a good look at this woman, who was crouching in front of us with a smirk on her face.

She had shiny black hair that was thrown into a ponytail, it matched her dark hazel eyes. She was clothed in black leather pants and a jacket and whatever vest she wore inside the jacket was peeking out at the top of the jacket and it was obviously black too.

Despite the smirk which seemed like her best attempt at a smile, she had a stern look around her eyes and a scar on her right cheek which told me she had once been in a deadly life and death battle but she was unfamiliar, I had never met her or seen her, so how was she family?

"What do you mean family? I have never met her."

"Neither have I" Rieka said.

"Then how do you know?"

"I just know. Just as I know my mate, she is like us."

"Hun!" I groaned in frustration, for someone who has been acting like a killing machine and killing without mercy while calling others weak she did sound stupid.

"And how do you know she wouldn't hurt us?" I asked

"......"

"Even our mate did! And I told you to run but you wouldn't listen. what if she hurt us? What are we going to do?" I said her, this time enjoying the feeling of me being the one doing the scolding.

"Fight back! I would never run," she stated.

"Yeah right. And I have a feeling we would die sooner than you plan!"

She shut the link without responding and I took my time to access the woman who had walked into this misty forest without fear or caution again, she had to have a secret weapon.

The moment I looked at her, I knew what her weapon was, she was a high-ranking wolf, very high, a Luna probably and she looked well trained even my killing machine would be no match for her because like it or not we were untrained.

Rieka growled at me.

"It's amazing what you've done with the forest." she said standing to her full height and looking around. She was a woman in her early forties if not late thirties and I knew what she meant.

Rieka didn't respond she only stared at the woman and I realized she too was observing the woman.

"I can take her down." Rieka suddenly said and I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, of course, you can." I said, the disbelief evident in my voice and she growled at me again.

"She already hooked you with her identity, you think you would be able to win against her when we don't even know what other secret weapon she has? I mean, look at her!" I exclaimed and Rieka looked at the woman who was also observing her.

"Can't you see her stance? She looks like Layla the first time we met!"

"Don't mention that name again!" Rieka growled, her anger bubbling like a hum around me but I rolled my eyes at her quietly frustrated at how impossible it was to talk to her.

"How is she?" The woman asked suddenly and we both turned to her confused, the smirk was still on her face and of course, she was still observing us.

"Your human." she stated and I facepalmed as it was obvious she already knew Rieka was in charge.