CHAPTER 20

It's been days since I last saw Kira and there was only two explanation for it, it was either she was avoiding me or Rona had told her to stay away from me. Probably to prevent her from telling me whatever it was she didn't want me to know.

As the days passed by I started becoming more restless. I started craving the independence that comes from being able to move your own limbs at will. I still didn't know what I would do to stop the dull ache of pain in my heart but lying here helpless might have helped a little. By now I had accepted my fate and my luck except something about meeting these witches made me want to doubt that I truly indeed had bad luck.

It's been so long since I saw the moon, I wonder if she misses me as much as I found myself missing the sight of her but of course, I knew that the moon goddess cannot miss me. She was a goddess after all.

I had stopped my hate speech towards her ever since I was saved by the witch, for some reason I couldn't push past the fact that the witches had shown up as an answer to my prayers to her for help.

So maybe she wasn't so bad after all. I thought as the door to the hut flew open and Kira ran in with excitement.

"I found it! I found it!"

"You found what!" I asked her frowning a little.

"Silveen you would not believe what I found! You would be so happy when you hear of it." she said as she held my hands and jumped happily like the sixteen-year-old that I had no doubt come to associate her with.

"I guess I would."

"Yes!" she said then stopped suddenly and looked at me with serious eyes, "you can't tell my sister what I found out."

"O...kay? But I don't even know what it is." I said and she beamed.

"It's a concealing spell." she said as she bounced onto the sit by my bed. I looked at her trying to understand what was exciting about finding a concealing spell.

"Okay? Is it a rare one?" I asked ignorantly.

"Not really. If I could just find the right ingredient then I could break it and you would be free."

"Hold on." I said frowning, "I think I am lost here."

She smiled.

"What does the concealing spell you found have to do with me?" I asked again.

"Oh silly! I told you there was something strange about you and that I was going to find out what it was didn't I?" she explained quickly and my eyes widened but I was still a little confused

"So the strange thing about me is the concealing spell?"

"Yes! You are a werewolf but it doesn't feel like it when one is around you. If I wasn't a witch I would have sworn you were human and I have been trying to find out why?"

"I can't access my wolf. I couldn't shift on my eighteenth birthday and......"

"That was it!" she said in excitement and I frowned as I was in-between realization but still confused, I don't know how to explain how I feel.

"The reason why one always doubted your heritage as a wolf was it. The thing the spell concealed was your access to your wolf!" She smiled brightly, "I thought it concealed your scent or aura. It must be more powerful than I thought." she said the last part more to herself but I heard since my hearing had been restored.

But that wasn't as important as the newfound knowledge. I was under a spell? The reason I couldn't shift was not because of the moon goddess but because someone casted a spell on me? A concealing spell? To hinder my access to my wolf? Who would do such a despicable thing? Everyone knew how important our wolf was to our personality. It was as if I was being detached from myself.