CHAPTER 35

Bang! Bang! Bang!!

"Get up you sleepy heads. Training starts in five!"

Bang! Bang! Bang!

"What the hell!" I groaned as I jolted awake from the loud banging on my room door and that of many others.

"Can't a wolf get a few minute sleep around here?" Rieka groan in my head as I forced myself to stand up and dragged my whole tired body to the bathroom to wash up.

I didn't sleep well through the night. I kept on having the usual nightmare and when I woke up, my bed and pillow were clawed. I frowned and got into another round of argument with Rieka who thought we should go for a run in the middle of the night while I refused and decided to stay shut in the room.

At the end of the day, we didn't sleep until three in the morning and now, it was barely six and someone was asking me to come for training.

When I stepped out of the shower, I heard the numerous footsteps of people running down the hallway. I hurriedly dressed up but was slowed down by the battle between me and my wavy Red hair which I didn't even know how to pack anymore due to its mass. After struggling for God knows how long, I finally was able to get it into a bun.

I left the room, but of course, the hallway was empty and dead silent by then, so there was no one to ask for directions from.

I walked down the corridor to the kitchen which Selene had told me about yesterday. I skipped dinner yesterday because I could already imagine the looks I would get with my red eyes.

As I walked into the large empty dining, I realized there was also no one there. I sighed and was about to leave when I heard the sound of clanging plates. So I followed the sound and opened the door that I found. It led to the kitchen.

A tall woman who was busy mixing a batter turned to me and smiled.

"Don't tell me you are skipping training to steal food from the kitchen." she said from the beautiful modern kitchen she sat in and I frowned.

Steal food? I haven't even met her before and she thinks I am trying to steal food?

"Have we met?" I asked.

"Haven't we? There are over a thousand warriors in this pack, do you think I would remember if we have met?" she asked me, and I was confused about what to say, so she continued, "anyways, stop trying to steal food, go to the training ground and work out until that muddled brain of yours clears. When it is time for breakfast you can have as much food as you want."

"I don't know where the training ground is." I said.

"What?" she asked in surprise.

"I just got here yesterday, I don't know where the training ground is." I said again and her jaws slacked.

"Oh___ I ___ Pfttt okay. Sorry about that. It's just that a lot of those naughty newbie wolves like to hide here and steal food instead of going for morning training. Hold on, I would get someone to take you there." she said as she put away the large bowl and cleaned her hands on her apron.

"Let's go." she said again and I frowned as she walked past me.

"I thought you said you would get someone." I asked as I followed.

"Yeah, that's me, I am that someone. Tricia by the way." she said winking at me.

"Silveen. I hope I am not bothering you by taking you away from your cooking." I said.

"No. I lost inspiration already, so I can't progress with the cooking until the inspiration returns," she said and I frowned.

"What a weirdo." Rieka said in a serious tone.

................................................................................................................................

By the time we got to the training ground. I knew there would be serious trouble. I was already late as you know but Tricia didn't hurry up. She took her sweet time while chatting with me like I was there to escort her to the mall for shopping.

Rieka was irritated and wanted to shout at the crazy woman and I had no choice but to suppress her. Spending the walking moment suppressing Rieka's desire for an outburst made the walk more bearable as I didn't even hear a word of the things Tricia spoke about but she would never know that.

"Ah looks like we're here." she finally said and I looked up to see the large expanse of land filled with werewolves both those in their human form and those in their wolf form.

We were somewhere behind the castle and there were many structures being set up to accommodate different types of training.

"Don't you think it is beautiful?" Tricia asked and I raised a brow at her.

What on earth could possibly be beautiful about people working out and sparing in this freezing cold weather?

"Which group do I join?" I asked her ignoring her comment and she immediately pointed to a group of people who were sitting on the ground panting.

Following her gaze I sighed, looks like I already missed the first part of the training. Just great.

"That's the training for the newbies. Come around and say hello to me again." She said before leaving me standing and I stared at her stunted at how she had no idea that I wasn't her friend, didn't enjoy her company, and was practically going to avoid her for as long as I stayed here.

Shaking my head, I jogged to the group, just as I was about to reach them. A blond girl with icy blue eyes looked at me from head to toe with a scowl on her face.

"Here comes another Layla," Rieka immediately said softly in my head but her soft voice was filled with venom.

The blond was wearing workout pants and a sports bra. Seeing her stand in front of the group with another guy, it was obvious that she was one of the leaders in charge of the group. The very one I was to join. I accessed her too as I walked close and our eyes met and I knew one thing.

She was going to be trouble.