CHAPTER 44

I wonder how many times in this lifetime I would have to wake up to the smell of disinfectant, the sound of beeping monitors, and a drip in my hand. I think it's been six times now, and four times out of those six times were caused by my Ex-mate. It's funny how the people you love are the ones who cause you more danger.

"Used to love." I heard Rieka groan in my head and I smiled.

"Either way, I hate it here and the feeling of waking up here every now and then is getting old." I grumbled in return as I sat up on my bed trying to actually remember what happened.

I fought until I fainted. I remembered and sighed.

"Rieka is there no way to use my blood rage continually without getting exhausted and fainting? It is really embarrassing how I suddenly fainted in the midst of all those people. What if I was in the midst of enemies?" I complained.

"Stop complaining Silveen, you just started your training, you are not even strong enough. How can you complain about fainting? Why don't you focus on strengthening yourself instead of depending on your blood rage to help you out of every situation." Rieka scolded to my surprise.

"Where is this coming from?"

"From me! you almost got me killed because you were busy cheating in the fight."

"I wasn't cheating, I only made use of the abilities at my disposal. It's not like Eric and Layla didn't cheat when they tried to kill me many months ago." I retorted angrily.

I can't believe she accused me of cheating. I was the reason we didn't get beaten up.

"Yes and when you fight them in the future depending on only your blood rage, you would end up fainting out of exhaustion in the middle of the fight and we would get killed." she deadpanned and I went silent.

The fact that she watched the whole thing play out even though it felt like she wasn't there was tiring

"I was scared okay? I thought I lost you." I excused myself but she humped in annoyance and I felt guilty.

"I'm sorry." I said silently.

I didn't really know how much that portion could hurt her, I kept on drinking to defy Ramon and show superiority in the ring, show the strength of an Austan wolf.

"The juice had to be flushed out of your system to save me." she said calmly and my heart skipped a beat and my eyes widened.

I had almost killed... I had almost killed Rieka while I was trying to get strong enough to protect us from the world, I had almost killed her? That's it,

"I'm not taking that portion again." I stated.

"Yes, you are."

"What?"

"How are you weaker than those who fight and master the ability to keep their mind calm when they use the silver portion? You are going to keep on using it and fighting until you are strong enough. No blood rage this time."

"But......" I began but was cut off

"No buts Silveen, we're leaving no stone unturned in your training. We have responsibilities and I am not weaker than those wolves, neither are we. Start depending on your inner strength." Rieka lectured and it seemed as if I hadn't gone through a month of vigorous training under her supervision earlier.