CHAPTER 11

After the encounter the night before, I felt relieved and had a good night sleep. Maybe confrontation wasn't such a bad thing after all, it took the heaviness off my chest.

I woke up feeling more energized and enthusiastic than usual, so I took a quick shower, wore a pair of leggings and a t-shirt, then jogged down the stairs. I walked into the dining room to see that breakfast was already served and there was no one there, which was a good thing. I sat down to eat, piling sandwiches onto my plate.

"Did you sleep well?" I heard a mocking voice ask me as I bit into the delicious sandwich. I looked up to see Luna Misheal scowling at me and I momentarily forgot about the flavor bursting in my mouth.

"Luna," I said with a full mouth.

"You must be happy and free like a bird seeing how you snitched and reported us to Eric at the slightest chance you got."

I sat there silently munching on the sandwich in my mouth, afraid to take the next bite.

"Well, Layla left. She got sent back to her father. Did you know how many years and how hard I have worked to maintain peace between our pack and hers since the death of my mate? You think being Luna is some child's play? If there is as much as a war because of you, I would make sure you never live to see the end of it." she deadpanned, pure hatred for me in her eyes.

"If you threaten my mate one more time, mother, I will be forced to send you out of the pack's house." we heard Eric say from the entrance of the dining room. I looked at him relief washing over me but I couldn't say the same for Luna Misheal. She seemed mortified at his words and left quickly.

She certainly doesn't mean what she said, does she? I asked myself as Eric kissed my cheek,

"Did you sleep well?"

"Yes I did, Good morning." I said, forcing a smile as I tried to pretend the threat had no efffect on me.

he snorted in reply. His attention now turned to the breakfast on the table.

"This looks delicious," he said, letting his eyes roam the full table.

"Yes, it is." I said, biting into the sandwich I was still holding and moaning in satisfaction. He sat on the chair next to me and wiped food crumbs from the corner of my bottom lip with the pad of his thumb.

'Thanks." I said, smiling at him.

He gave me a warm smile before letting his eyes roam the table again as if trying to figure out what to eat. I allowed my gaze to follow his.

"I'm sorry about my mother." He said, wincing a little, and I nodded, trying to be an understanding person. Well, I was an understanding person. I know why a lot of people don't like me. It was because I was different, of no real use to them. people only like people that they can use. I mean look at my parent, at least Luna Misheal didn't hesitate to tell it to me clearly.

"I know how she feels." I said

"She has no right to treat you that way."

"My family did worse." I said, glancing at him from under my lashes to see him staring at me with disbelief. He didn't say a word and I took it as a cue to continue.

"Growing up with them, they weren't very....... Nice. Not the ideal parent." I looked at him now but his brow was arched with concern and I sighed.

"When they found out I couldn't shift, they didn't hesitate to send me away. I was an embarrassment to them. They thought I was cursed and so they sent me away to save face. I understand them from their point of view, but they were my parents..." I shrugged,