CHAPTER 21

The days passed slowly much to my frustration. I had been waiting for myself to heal faster and I wasn't or maybe I was being too anxious. I don't know.

I started feeling the twitches return to my foot and started moving them around a bit at first but not enough to stand or that was what Rona said. Kira and I had done a great job keeping the concealing spell a secret from her and I must say I was equally surprised that Kira could pull it off. I half expected her to blurt the whole thing out within a few days but she didn't.

It's been a month now, making it three months of me living here in this hut, and the only thing that Rona noticed was my anxiousness to walk again. Whenever no one was around I tried to move my feet or see if I was strong enough to stand that must have increased my healing, I don't know but I was eager to meet my wolf. Now that I knew that it was a possibility, I wanted to do everything in my power to meet her.

Kira had finished gathering all the ingredients she needed for the spell a week ago and had promised me it would be best to have it on a full moon. We just had to wait for a day when Rona wouldn't be at home.

By now, I could stand and would take steps forward with the help of Kira both of us practiced and worked hard to restore my lower limbs as if the fate of the world depended on it. She was as enthusiastic about this as I was, and I was really grateful. She also made it her duty to bake me cookies.

She felt I should eat them since, I had to take many awfully tasting recovery herbs made by Rona, especially now that I was almost fully recovered and I gladly did.

I looked up to see Kira walking in with a tray full of deliciously smelling cookies, excitement dancing in her eyes as her lips curled upward in a smile, she pushed the tray into my arms and sat down on the chair beaming.

"I have good news." she said as I bit into the cookie. I looked up at her oblivious of what the news might be.

"We can cast the spell tomorrow." she said with excitement and my eyes widened.

"Rona is going for a massive herb hunt tomorrow morning and since the full moon starts tonight, we can break the spell before she gets back." she explained

"B..but I thought it had to be under the full moon?"

"Pftts no. it doesn't, it just have to be during the full moon season."

"How about my leg? I can't quite walk on my own yet."

"Don't worry, Rona told me you are fully recovered, she even decided to stop the herbs today. All you need now according to her is to remind your legs what their true functions are and I think your wolf would be the best tutor for that." she said grinning as she grabbed one of the cookies she had made and bit into it. "hmmm! This is nice."

She said smiling at me and I forced back a smile. I didn't know how I felt. I was happy but more nervous and scared. What if something went wrong? What if it didn't work?

"Don't worry too much Silveen, trust me, I can do this" she said to me as if reading my thoughts and I nodded reassuringly.

.............................................................................................................................................

I watched Rona hang her satchel across her shoulders as she gave Kira instructions. I didn't listen to her, I just wanted her gone and get this over with. I had become so nervous I didn't know what to do with myself. I cracked my knuckles repeatedly and tried to put on an indifferent face as I held a knitting pin and started working with it, a habit the witches had taught me in my months of waiting for my recovery.