Chapter 1

All rights go to J.K. Rowling I do not own anything except my character Stacy Thompson. This is my first ever fanfic and story. I would love comments and criticism is highly welcome. Hope you enjoy it.

My name is Stacy Thompson; I have brown eyes and short, black hair. I am short, but have an athletic body and I have just found out that I am a witch. My parents told me that I am a special kind of witch because I can work my way into people's minds and put thoughts and actions into their heads to think or do, and I have a strange power when I get angry.

"Mother?" I ask "How can I be a witch, wouldn't I have seen or felt any weird things while I grew up?"

My mother gives me a sorry look and answers, "Honey, your father and I can do magic too, but we left London after you were a year old to keep you safe from a dark wizard that was targeting you for your gifts. We gave up using magic and came to live a normal life in California. Although we now believe that you are old enough to attend a school that you belong in."

I look at my parents in disbelief, "I-I-I can go to a school for m-m-magic?" I could not believe there would even be a place for witches. This all seemed too weird to be real, the only thing I have ever heard of witches was from stories from centuries ago, but those were just stories.

My father smiles, "Yes Stacy, it is called Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Your mother and I believe you should attend because we will not keep our daughter from being who she is."

After that I could feel a giant smile form on my lips and I run to my parents to give them a huge hug.

"Well someone seems excited." My father chuckles as he lets me go.

I laugh, "Of course, I just found out I am a witch and will go to a school for it. That's the coolest thing ever!"

"Alright sweetie start packing we will be moving back to London in the morning to be close while you are at school." I look at my mother and noticed that she had worry lines on her face.

I say goodnight to both my parents and skip to my bedroom to start packing. While packing I hear my parents in the living room talking in hushed voices.

"Craig, I don't think this is a good idea still. I know it will be best for her, but with him back in power how can we protect her there?" My mother exclaims.

My father sighs, "Linda she will be protected more there with Dumbledore and I have spoken with my old friend Arthur Weasley and he tells me that his son and friends will help watch over Stacy since they are the same age. And with the temper our little girl has I am sure she can watch out for herself as well."

My mother lets out a chuckle, "Yes that is true, but she didn't know she did that. She kept saying that she woke up with that girl in front of her bleeding. Maybe we could get Severus to help her with it; he is very skilled with this kind of magic"

I remembered when I woke up to a girl bleeding from her nose in front of me saying I was a crazy bitch. Yet I did not remember hitting her as my friends had told me I did when she said my parents did a horrible job at raising me.

Now that I think about it that may have been my strange power. Once I finished packing, I left all my trunks near my bed and showered. I fall asleep soon after ready for the next day.

[Nightmare: I am standing in a forest alone, I scan the area around me aware of a presence nearby “Is anybody there?” I call out.

I hear rustling in a nearby bush “Stacy, come home. Come join me where you belong.” a voice whispers into the air, almost like a hiss.

My heart starts to speed up and I try to control my breathing “Who are you?” I try to ask, but my voice isn’t audible.