Chapter 13

MJ is playing Just Dance and as usual he was losing spectacularly. He didn't know why he was so addicted to this game when no amount of passion could make him better at shaking his hips. It was a good thing he was a billionaire playboy who owned casinos all over Asia and not a pop star.

He fails the level for the 8th time and he plops down on his bean bag with a sigh

He fails the level for the 8th time and he plops down on his bean bag with a sigh. He reaches for his phone with the intention of ordering in a pizza when he sees he received 25 text messages and more or less the same number of calls.

Huh? What was going on? Did he win the lottery or something? Has Kendall Jenner finally agreed to date him and she alerted the press?

MJ takes a long sip from the silly straw beside him, swipes open his phone and almost immediately starts choking.

Every major gossip and lifestyle mag was running the same thing.
Ren's extremely confused voice message sums up all of MJ's thoughts:
Kavin and Thyme are engaged?! Since when??

- - -

Kavin was too old for hangovers

Especially hangovers caused by illegal drugs slipped into your drink that you have to consume anyway because you don't want to be shot in the face.
His vision was still swimming when he finally woke up.

The night before was a blur. The only things he could clearly remember is Olga drugging him. And the driver having to half carry, half drag him and Thyme inside his house - it was hard to forget when the driver was cursing a mile a minute and did not care in the slightest that Kavin almost hit his head on the sharp edge of the coffee table.

God his head still hurt. Why was he awake? He's pretty sure he's earned a whole morning of sleep.

As if to say he has not earned jack shit, his phone began to ring like crazy. The ring tone so loud it filled the room.

He remembers now, this is why he's awake. Some asshole keeps calling him.

He blindly swipes on his phone ready to yell at whoever it was on the other end. But the overly excited, overly posh tone begins to speak quickly, giving Kavin no time to even open his mouth.