chapter 18

Yesss i am uploading again :D arent you proud of me xD lol

chapter 18 Jamie's POV

When Jay and I got to the house everyone seemed so happy for us. Like they knew something about us. It was kind of weird but I just tried to ignore it. We are just finishing eating. I grabbed a few plates that were left on the table and brought them to the sink. Lucy was already washing the dishes so I decided to help her by drying them.

"Oh you don't have to do that Jamie. I can take care of it." She told me in a soft voice.

"No it's okay. I want to help." I tell her smiling.

"Okay then. Have at it." She tells me and continues washing the dishes passing me some every so often to dry.  "So everyone tells me that you and Jay had a fun time at the lake today." She states after awhile.

I blush lightly. "Yeah we had fun. He even ran into the diving board trying to show off." I snickered at the last part.

"I heard that!" He hollered from the living room where him and his dad were watching something on tv. It was just me, Jay, Lucy, and Paul who had dinner tonight.

"Yeah but it's the truth!" I hollered back laughing. He didn't say anything else on the matter.

"Okay so about tonight..." Lucy said trailing off.

"Yeah?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Well we don't usually know when it will happen but it's usually before midnight. Do you think your ready for this?"

I didn't even have to think about my answer. "Of course I'm ready. I'm actually a bit excited."

"Oh well that's good. It dosen't really matter though, it happens all the same." She told me and gave a small smile.

We quickly finished the dishes and headed to the living room. Paul and Jay were both watching a football game intently and didn't even notice us walk in. I jumped on his lap and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Well that's one way to get them to stop watching the game." Lucy muttered and copied me doing the same with Paul.

I giggled lightly and Jay kissed my neck gently. "Don't you dare do anything with your parent's in this room." I told him sternly.

He saluted me and kissed the tip of my nose. "Yes ma'am."

"Alright well it's almost time to go join the pack." Paul said getting up with Lucy in his arms.

"We'll meet you there dad." Jay said and his father nodded his head and left the room with Lucy still in his arms.

"The entire pack is going to be there?" I asked Jay a little nervously. I didn't want to be around everyone for the first time...

He nodded his head. "Yep but they won't go in the woods with you and I. But once you turn into your wolf we'll all go on a pack hunt to welcome you into the pack."

"Oh okay. I guess that makes sense... Is it going to hurt?"

He chuckled lightly. "It's going to hurt a little bit the first time, but after that it won't hurt at all unless you force it to go fast." He paused for a moment and thought. "Like say someone was about to attack you, you would have to shift fast to defend yourself."

"I see... Well let's get this show on the road!" I yelled excitedly jumping up and fist punching the air.

Jay laughed at me while getting up and slung an arm over my shoulders. "Alrightm let's go."