chapter 6

alright!!!!!! im moving slowly up on the whats hot list :D thankyou guys soooo much! i Hope i stay there lol just keep VOTING< COMMENTING<FANNING!!!! Ok heres the next chapter...

Chapter 6 Jamie's POV

I woke up with my arms wrapped around Jay. Thank god he didn't wake me up this morning, I needed the extra sleep. I glanced at the clock on my bedside table and cursed. "Shit I'm late!!"

Not realizing what I was doing I pushed Jay out of the bed and ran to my dresser. Grabbing a pair of jeans and my work shirt I head to the bathroom. I hastily pulled on my jeans while I started brushing my teeth, pausing for a moment so I could change my shirt.

"You know you didn't really have to push me out of the bed." I looked down through the mirror and saw Jay laying down rubbing his head with his paw.

I gave him an apologetic face and continued brushing my teeth. He didn't say anything else about it as I slipped on socks and shoes. "I'm sorry but I'm really late!" I told him as he looked at me making me feel guilty.

It actually looked like he smirked. I rolled my eyes at him and grabbed my keys to my apartment. "Well I'm off... Do you think you can find something to eat while I'm gone? I really don't have the time..." I trailed off feeling really guilty now.

He snorted, "Yeah I'll be fine. Just go before your even later."

"Ok. Thanks Jay!!" I gave him a quick peck on the cheek and his eyes widened. I didn't process it any further as I ran out the door towards my job.

"Look Boss I'm really sorry but it won't ever happen again. Please don't fire me... I need this job." I told my Boss softly. He decided that since I was late once that I would be late again... So now I'm in the process of getting fired.

"Jamie I know your a bright kid. You can find another job. I just don't want my workers thinking that they can come in any damn time they want to. I have to keep this place in order. And in order for me to do that I have to have strict expectations of my workers." He sighed. "I'm sorry but I have to let you go or the other workers will walk all over me."

I nodded my head in understanding and walked out of the diner with my head down. 'Ugh why do I have to have such bad luck.' I started walking towards my apartment trying to keep my anger in check. I couldn't stop thinking about what I was going to do.

While I was deep in thought contemplating on what I was going to do two strong arms grabbed me around the waist and pulled me to them. I was in shock for a minute not hearing what the man was saying, "and you'll be mine." I snorted and thought 'right like that's ever going to happen.'

I twisted out of his hold and kicked him in the groin. He dropped like a sack of potatoes, but his two friends sstarted coming towards me. I didn't hesitate when I pulled my gun out from behind my back. Aiming it towards them they both stopped. Their nostrils flared as if smelling or maybe it was just in rage.

"Ha what are you going to do with that? Do you even know how to use that thing?" The guy that was bold and bulky said while sneering. The other guy still standing started laughing, he was built the same way except he had a buzz cut.

"She probably dosen't, just for show." The one on the ground spoke through clenched teeth. He was tall and lanky with brown wavy hair.

I smirked, "Are you sure about that?" They looked at each other questioningly and then the next second they all started advancing on me. I shot off three shots right in each of their chests. All of them dropping and grasping at their chests.

'I know what your thinking, I'm a heartless bitch right? Well your wrong! I'm just a bitch. I could care less about three guys trying to gang up on a girl in an alley. They deserved it, besides this wasn't anything that I wasn't use to. I was born watching people be killed in front of me.'

I left them there running towards my apartment. Shooting them made my decision easy for me. I was going to leave the town. I should have enough money to get me by for a week or so. At least I won't be alone this time since I have Jay I thought as I entered my apartment.

I could hear the shower running which made me curious. Could Jay actually be in the shower? I mean he us just a dog...

Going towards my bedroom and heading into the bathroom I stopped as soon as the door was opened. Standing there in all his naked glory was that sexy stranger from the diner.

My jaw dropped and a blush rose to my cheeks as him being naked finally dawned on me.

He chuckled nervously, "Well you got back from work early..."

His voice! He was Jay! But that can't be... He's just a dog right? I raised one of my eyebrows, "Jay?" I questioned.

He smirked at me. "The one and only babe."