36 | say yes to heaven

AN: I can't believe the album is real, and I haven't even listened to it yet. I'm forever proud of my boys.

November 17-18, 2015

This is the thing about people
You never really know what's inside
Somewhere in the soul there's a secret

⋆ ˚ ° ° ˚⋆

In the following days, Alex was granted the name of 'Uncle Alexander' for the second time. With as much enthusiasm as the last time we went to the London maternity, it took him at least ten minutes to hand the baby off to me. I held him for a long time too, sharing excited smiles with everyone, and more emotional ones with Katie. That day would be engraved in my memory for a very long time.

Naturally, I showed up at their place every time Katie asked me to. I might have cradled this baby more than I'd hugged Alex. It felt nice to know I was very much helping while the couple was trying to fall back into their old routine. Plus, since their house wasn't too far away from my old/current flat, I usually went to say hi to Kat (and to Peter, my neighbour) before meeting with my new tiny friend. I couldn't count the number of times Jamie thanked me for being here.

It was after one of those days that Alex joined me in a large shop selling all kinds of baby clothes. He was hiding his face under his Lethal Weapon cap, taking it off only when he noticed me near the stuffed toys. His chest moved up and down with every breath he took and his hair looked all messy, just like when he woke up.

"Do I have summat on my face?"

I was still staring. Hell, I might have even drooled at this point.

Alex's brows perked up. It made me chuckle and shake my head, slightly embarrassed.

"Hi."

"Hi," he drawled in my ear, pulling my face to kiss me.

Our kiss broke when someone fake-coughed behind us, much to my despair.

I'd left his place early in the morning so I'd be able to leave work earlier too. I knew it had been better for him anyway because he'd had a radio interview around eleven. Still, I missed his touch.

I asked about the call with the radio station, swirling my iced-tea drink as we started wandering through the aisles.

"It was alright," he shrugged like it was an everyday thing. "I mean, it made sense."

I smiled up at him. "See? I told you it'd be fine."

"I'm glad you pushed me," he replied, picking a sweater out and holding it for me to see.

"That's what I'm here for, isn't it?" I looked at the back of the sweater, a grin spreading on my face as I touched the material. "The small lemons are adorable. I love it."

"I knew you would."

"I'm obsessed with clothes with cute patterns, y'know? Like your shirt with bees on it," we headed to another aisle, and he put his hand on my lower back. "It reminds me I had a dress with kind of strawberries all over it. It was so pretty. I dunno where the hell it's gone."

Looking back at Alex, I saw how uninterested he looked. Completely absent even, as he was looking above my shoulder with furrowed brows.

"Just tell me if I'm bothering you," I crossed my arms over my chest, shooting him a glance.

"There's Alma."

I wondered if it was a joke, or if it was simply a way to shut me up. "What?"

Swivelling around to check myself, my gaze swept the room until it landed on her.