25 | the chamber

AN: have you listened to the chamber today??
sending you all my love <3

October 14, 2015

For weeks they had strolled around
Playing the fools
They knew the time would come

⋆ ˚ ° ° ˚⋆

As soon as I closed the door behind me, I was greeted by Katie's warm embrace, or what I called a bone-crushing hug. She swayed us from side to side and she released me, her mouth curled into a smile.

"I'm so glad you're here! We weren't sure you'd come," she said, hiding the view from the living room where everyone else was sitting, suddenly shifting positions to take a look at me.

"Yeah, sorry there were things I needed to fix at work," I waved with my hand, hoping she wouldn't ask more.

Things that included Luke blocking me at my own office door just for fun and following me until I reached my flat. I still felt flushed from walking so fast, and yet he managed to keep up with me. Now he knew where I lived and it felt worse.

Kelly appeared on the side, holding bottles in both her hands. She beamed instantly, coming closer to us.

"Hey, you made it!"

"I couldn't miss it," I smiled back, thinking about Breana's message she had sent a few hours earlier.

It's our last week in London and we're celebrating life as free people before the baby!! You have to come xx

I shucked off my coat and hung it with the others before trailing behind Katie. I entered the huge and bright room, my mouth pulling into a smile at the sight of them. Everyone except their friend I desperately wanted to hug.

"Look who's here!" Jamie exclaimed with a little too much vigour, rising from his seat to come and hug me.

The boys left their drinks on the table and came for a quick but warm embrace, everyone making small talk about my day. Two minutes passed, then three, and Alex was still missing.

"C'mere," Breana patted the empty seat beside her, her other hand resting on her belly.

I sunk into the couch, gladly accepting the glass Matt offered me.

There were two empty bottles on the table. Now I understood why they all looked so cheerful.

"Well, they're certainly in a good mood," I commented as we all watched Nick trying to take a swig of his beer without his hands.

Breana breathed a laugh. "They are. We just finished planning Christmas and everything. It's like their preparty."

"Three months in advance?"

"Do you think these guys wait for an occasion to get pissed?"

I pursed my lips and looked around before laughing. Breana joined in, our laughs contagious to each other.

"That was a dumb question, I admit," I said, exchanging glances with her.

"You'll get used to it. You're part of the family now," she flashed me a warm smile, taking a sip of her water.

I beamed at her, warmth flooding my veins. It was selfish and maybe stupid, but I'd never quite felt so at ease with my own family.

"Alex must be in the kitchen," she said when she noticed me glancing around, as if she read my thoughts.

It made me wonder if she knew about us, if he had told everyone. We hadn't put a label on that thing between us - not that I expected one - but there was definitely something. Maybe they still thought we were two normal friends.