10 | normal friends don't do that

TW: mention of drugs / alcohol (a lot it seems)

March 14, 2015

It's really no fuss
As long as you're next to me
Just the two of us

⋆ ˚ °° ˚⋆

"Are you ready?" Alex asked from behind the bathroom door.

He'd stayed at the threshold even when I'd opened the door, probably thinking I was still hiding under a towel. The thought made me giggle inside.

"You can come in if you need to," I mumbled, trying to focus on my eyeliner as I kept failing it for the past five minutes.

The room was silent again.

I glanced at the door, thinking he'd left. But he was still standing there, a wide smile plastered on his face.

"What?" I nervously chuckled.

"You look divine."

I felt my face flushing. "Thank you. You look really handsome too."

Handsome was an understatement.

He wore a suit, almost the same as the wedding. But this one was plain black, revealing a simple white shirt underneath. His hair was neatly slicked back, and he looked like a man you'd see in a magazine and think about for hours. A gold chain was hanging on his chest, glistening with every ray of light.

The sight was dizzying.

"I'll wait for you at the door," he smirked, turning on his heels.

I adjusted the dress one last time and met him downstairs, my stomach tightening at the thought of this evening. The last one.

❋❋❋

"I don't think I want to drink tonight," I stated, propping up my chin.

"Really? Why?" he asked, taking a mouthful of his lasagna.

"What if forgot everything we did tonight? I'd be too disappointed," I shook my head, reminding myself of all the mornings spent with Kat trying to figure out what happened the night before.

No, drinking was mostly fun. But I wanted to control my actions tonight and not ruin the whole journey.

"Five drinks, then," he offered. "Let's say two here, two at the club. The last one wherever you want."

"All right."

He lifted his first glass of the expensive wine we'd ordered in the air, and I did the same.

"To us. And especially to this amazing woman in front of me, who deserves all the best the world can offer. Cheers."

Heat rushed to my cheeks but I tried to maintain eye contact and mumbled 'cheers' before clinking my glass against his. His eyes never left mine as he took a sip.

The restaurant was so luxurious I felt out of place. People rushed to be able to eat under the gold chandeliers, but luckily Alex had booked the table. Our table was placed next to a large window offering a full view of the city below us and the sun vanishing.

"What will you do when you get home?" I asked after a brief silence.

He put his fork down and frowned in concentration.

"Try to write summat I think, then sleep... and repeat."

"Did you find inspiration?"

"I did," he said with a smile playing on his lips. "What about you?"