Chapter 22

It took less than two minutes for Barbara to find Marinette's contact in Jon's phone record. She didn't ask questions to Damian, she knew too well what was going on, on the battlefield and being stuck in the cave with Alfred sitting next to her, the tension was at its peak. She dialed the phone number and connected it to Robin's line.

"Allo!" the voice was joyful but they could also hear the hesitation in it, probably do to the fact that she didn't recognise the caller ID.

"Hello Ladybug, this is Robin, with Oracle and Agent A, from the BatFam."

"Sorry, you must be mistaken-"

"Look, I don't have time. We need your help, it's an emergency," his voice was really low and she could tell his breathing was shallowed.

"What do you want?" she asked, knowing the reason he was calling was either because it was Miraculous related or really dangerous, because he had multiple allies before her.

"It's Jon... There is only Superman and WonderWoman left and they won't be able to fight him much longer..." talking was becoming really hard for Robin, but he had to continue.

"What do you mean? What happened to Jon?" Marinette's anxiety was growing by the second.

"His powers reached their full potential and he killed our teams: the Teen Titans, the BatFam and even the Justice League... I believe you are the only one who could stop him, he's not himself right now and ..." before he could finish his sentence a portal opened a hundred feet from him and a small figure in red and black, appeared on the battlefield.

At this moment, Jon started to glow brighter than ever, Damian had heard story about Superman's super flare, but he had never seen it. They could see anything because of how bright the light was, almost like looking at the sun directly, but this time it was only a couple of feet in front of them. Damian heard, who he assumed was Ladybug shout a "KWAMIS, UNIFY!", and a flash of different colors appeared and were the red figure was seconds ago, was still red, but all the spots were rainbow colors. His attention was brought back to Jon, when the boy screamed and released the flare, he closed his eyes, getting ready to die with the rest of his family, and it was so quiet around him, that even when Ladybug said "Protection!" almost in a whisper, he heard her.

All the heroes, still alive, readied themselves for the blast, but ... it never came. Opening their eyes to see a big green ball around Jon and Ladybug with a shield near it. When the super flare dissipated the girl dropped her magical shield and walked towards her boyfriend, like Robin had told her on the phone he didn't seemed to recognise her and attacked. She used a flute and called "Mirage!" the flash showed a hundred of Ladybug surrounding him. He was confused and so were the others.

"Pagaille!" they heard while a stick was thrown in the air and a banana squeaky toy appeared. The really Ladybug threw it on Jon and when it touched him, all his powers seemed to start malfunctioning: his flying was unbalance, his vision was trough x-ray to microscopic and telescopic in the matter of seconds, making him dizzy.

"Lucky Charm!" was the last thing they heard and from the flash of pink appeared what seemed to be a picture. A moment later, a yoyo wrapped itself around Jon so he couldn't move, he tried to free himself but nothing happened. WonderWoman was keeping Superman away, not letting him get close to his son, she knew too well that any intervention at this point would ruin Ladybug's plan.

Ladybug got close to her boyfriend slowly and showed him the picture she had in her hand. She smiled when Jon looked at it and said her name, he smiled at the view of him kissing the cheek of a laughing Marinette. Adrien had taken the picture the week before, during an afternoon snack after their weekend patrol. Ladybug cupped his cheek with her gloved hand and he looked up at her, the moment their eyes met his mind got clear, has if the fog in his brain had dissipated. She kissed him tenderly to make sure he was okay, but also relax herself.

When they separate, he looked around him to see the horror he caused during the day. Blood, bodies, fire, destruction... he started crying at the sight. He had killed them, his friends, his hero family... Ladybug freed him from her yoyo and nodded at WonderWoman who let Clark run to his son and take him in his arms.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry..." cried the boy in his father's shoulder. Clark tried to reassure him between sobs, not really knowing what to do, he loved him so much, but he didn't know if the young adult would be able to stay on earth after today.

"MIRACULOUS LADYBUG!"

A rush of purity passed through them and they looked around to see the magical ladybugs restored every single thing, bringing all the heroes to life and healing the others, the trees and flowers growing back, the grass appearing and at last the house and the barn rebuilding themselves. It was spectacular and magical, everyone was in awe before Ladybug's powers.