Chapter 12

Jon was waiting in Dr. Thompkins' office for Marinette, she was fifteen minutes late and she wasn't answering her phone. When he was about to call her for the fifth time a portal opened on his left, making him jump on his feet and Dr. Thompkins yelled in surprise.

"Sorry I'm late, just finished a fight five minutes ago." The young woman seemed exhausted so her boyfriend when to get her a glass of water which she drank in one breathe.

"Just glad you're okay." He kissed her in the cheek and took her hand guiding her to the couch in front of the therapist.

"Hi Marinette. I'm Leslie Thompkins and I have to say I'm really happy to finally meet you. Jon talks about you all the time." The woman before her was so calmed and sincere that Mari was able to let her guard down.

The young Guardian sighed and let the tears quit her eyes, she was allowed to do so here, HawkMoth wasn't in Metropolis and she wasn't in Paris. Jon brought her close to him and she cried in the crock of his neck, while he played with her hair. Leslie was observing them, her plans for the meeting changed with the reaction the young heroine had in the first five minutes of the arrival. She waited for the girl to calm down before talking to the teenagers in front of her.

"Marinette may I asked what happen in Paris just now? Your fight." With all the strength in her and channeling her Ladybug persona, she took a big breathe, before starting her story, not wanting to cry again.

She told the therapist everything she told Jon when they first met, at the top of the Eiffel Tower and explained the Miraculous and the responsibilities of the Guardian. Kaalki and Tikki introduced themselves to Leslie knowing she would better understand what Marinette was saying.

"And today, when I called my partner at the beginning of the attack, he told me that if I wanted help I could just call my boyfriend or his dad, because 'He's Superman'. Chat never showed up..." she bit her bottom lip trying to contained the urge to cry again.

Dr. Thompkins could see Jon fuming next to his girlfriend throughout her story and at some points she was as well, if she could say so, but she had to be professional.

"Marinette, you can't blame yourself for what your partner does, even if you are the Guardian and the team leader. And you can't keep feeling guilty for not loving him back. You have the right to choose your 'other half' and you chose Jon and you both love each other, I can see it in your eyes. Both of you." The three laughed at the statement.

"I want to do so much and yet it's hard. I don't want my family or friends to get hurt because of me. I'm the only one who can repair everything, but I'm tired and I exhausted every day. I love the Kwamis, and they are probably what has been keeping me on the right path and making sure I didn't become insane on a daily basis, but now I know what it's like to be able to talk to another human being..." she pointed to the boy next to her and faked telling a secret to Leslie hiding her mouth with her hand and lowing her voice, just a little bit.

"Well... he's not really human, but close enough." Jon gasped and faked being offended, placing a hand on his chest, bearing a hurt expression. Marinette giggled and gave him a kiss on the cheek and he gave her one back.

The meeting when on for another three hours, before Marinette had to leave, she didn't want her parents looking for her. She thanked Leslie and they schedule an appointment for the next week for her and Jon again. The therapist gave them some privacy, knowing the Parisian couldn't leave her office without her portal and she wasn't going to use it in the hallways.

The teenagers kissed and promised to call each other and confirming their date for the next day, Jon would pick her up at her place and the rest was a surprise. Transforming into Pegabug, Marinette step it the portal that brought her directly at the top of the Eiffel Tower, before swinging to her balcony.