Chapter Thirty-Eight

After CeCe got out of the shower and got dressed for the day she headed out into her bedroom and smiled at Kol who was still laid across the bed with a bored look on his face she laughed and walked up to him crouching down and pecking him on the lips "alright my love... I have a few things to take care of today so whatever you decide to do today at least try and stay out of trouble just a little bit?"

The original grinned at her a mischievous glint in his eyes "Hmmm now that I make no promises on my darling"

CeCe laughed "didn't think so but still I had to ask" he sat up as the heretic stood from her crouched position "when do you think you'll be back?"

The Bennett witch shrugged "I'm not sure yet but I'll meet you at the grill at say 5:30ish?"

Kol nodded at her "alright, I'll see you there, darling" CeCe smiled kissing him again before she walked into the living room grabbing her keys on her way with a grin on her face.

As she pulls out of the parking lot, she dials a number"so that thing that I asked you about... What did you find out?"

There's a pause for a moment "CeCe that is some pretty dark magic... You sure you can handle that?"

The Bennett witch rolled her eyes "Kristy sweetie, you are forgetting who I am... A little dark magic isn't going to hurt me and it certainly can't kill me so what is there to worry about?"

The witch on the other end of the phone sighs "Why look into this though? Who is it for"

"Look, Kristy, it doesn't matter who it's for okay? But I was going to use it as a maybe if I can do this you won't hate me any more bargaining chip but now I don't need that because we talked and everything is good but I still want to do this for him"

"Alright well since I know you aren't going to give this up CeCe, what you asked me to look into it is possible to do that but like I said it's some pretty dark magic."

CeCe rolled her eyes again "Kristy I told you I can handle a little dark magic."

"It's more than just a little dark magic CeCe, they call the grimoire that I heard that the spell is in 'The Book of The Damned' and 'The Devil's Spell Book' for a reason... also how do you plan on getting it? Because nobody knows where that grimoire is, it's been missing for over 200 years so what are you going to do about that?"

The heretic sighed "it's always something, isn't it? Well guess I'm gonna try and find the book"

Kristy snorts "Well CeCe good luck with that because no one has seen it since the late 1700s maybe the early 1800s but if any grimoire was gonna have that type of spell in it it would be 'The Book of The Damned' so I wish you luck on finding it but I have to go, we'll talk later"

"Bye Kristy, I'll talk to you later" then the heretic hung up the phone and let out a sigh "Well how in the hell am I supposed to find a grimoire that's been missing for 200 hundred years?" then she pinched the bridge of her nose "okay now where to start?"

She pulled out her phone dialing Klaus' number it rings a few times before he answers "Lia what can I do for you?" She smiled "hey Nik so you have a collection of magical items yes?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Well I am looking for a grimoire.... but the thing is that it's been missing for 200 years so I was hoping that you would help your favorite sister-in-law out and help me find it?"

He laughs "Lia you are my only sister-in-law but what's the name of the grimoire, I'll see what I can do"

'Alright, that's good a start' "They call it 'The Book of The Damned' or some may call it 'The Devil's Spell Book' but there is a spell that I need that is in it or so I was told by the witch that I tasked with tracking this certain spell down a while back, I just talked to her and she told me that the spell I was looking for would be in that book but the hitch is that nobody's laid eyes on it in over 200 years.... so you see my dilemma?"

"The Book of the Damned well that's a rather interesting name for a grimoire"

CeCe rolled her eyes "It's just a grimoire Nik but the spells in it all require dark magic to be used in casting them and I really need that spell if I am going to pull what I am planning off but without that particular spell I can't do it"

I decided to head back to my apartment since this is gonna be a little harder than I first thought, I walk through the door still on the phone with Nik as Kol looks up from whatever he was reading "What does it look like Lia?"

"Nik.... how am I supposed to know I've never seen it only heard about it? Plus nobody has seen the damn thing in over 200 years so how am I supposed to explain what it looks like? It's a grimoire they mostly all look the same well the old ones at least"

"You asked for my help Lia, I am only asking so I know what exactly I'm looking for" she sighed "I know and I'm sorry but I just really want to find it for that one spell... just keep me posted on whatever you find out okay?"

"Sure thing Lia, I'll talk to you later"

"Later Nik" then she hangs up the phone.

Kol looks at her as she drops down beside him on the couch "what was that about? thought you weren't gonna be back until later?"

CeCe pinches the bridge of her nose again "Well change of plans and I was just getting Nik to help me with something but odds are that's gonna be a dead end"

"I heard you mention looking for a grimoire.... what grimoire are you looking for?"

****
Aye guys it's been forever but here is chapter 38 and can you guys spot the supernatural reference here? It fit the situation so well that I couldn't resist the opportunity to use it.

Wonder what spell CeCe wants? Guess you'll just have to wait and see since I already know what it is XD. Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy the chapter, I'll try not to take so long with the next one.