Chapter Twenty-Eight

Jenna and Elena looked at Greta from the ground and Elena sees a sharp rock and rushes to grab it, but she wasn't fast enough because Greta waved her hand, Elena went flying backward, the doppelganger landed painfully in the dirt, and with another wave of her hand Great created a fire circle around Elena. Elena stood up and rushed toward the flames but finds that she can't escape. "Don't bother trying to get through. I spelled the circle. You're trapped. No matter what you do."

Elena tries to plead for her aunt's life "Greta...Please, just-just let her go."

Greta slices her wrist open with the sharp rock. Blood drips from her wound. Jenna looks at it, hungrily. "Klaus chose her."

"No."

Greta lowers her wrist towards Jenna. "Drink it."

"Jenna, don't!" Elena tells her.

Jenna shakes her head "I can't." CeCe smirked crouching down and compelling her "Sweetheart, drink it" and she can't resist the compulsion and sinks her fangs into Greta's wrist.

After a few minutes, Greta pulls her wrist away "That's enough."

Greta and CeCe stand up and Elena looks at Jenna "Jenna. It's going to be okay."

Greta flicks her wrist and another circle of fire surrounds Jenna. Jenna retreats from the flames, looking terrified. "Look at me. Hey, look at me." Jenna turns her head towards Elena, blood still running down her chin. "It's gonna be okay. It's gonna be okay."

Jenna silently says "no" as the dark veins of hunger creep towards her eyes as she is still staring at Greta's bleeding wrist.

CeCe bit her wrist and offered it to Greta to heal her wound from where she fed Jenna, she smiled and drank a little of the blood before going back to what she was doing "thanks CeCe."

CeCe smiled at her "you're welcome darling."

Greta left to fetch the werewolf that Klaus had picked up after Tyler was freed by Damon, Elena is now pacing in her fire circle, talking to her aunt "how are you feeling?"

Jenna looked at her "I feel like myself...Only not. Everything is brighter. The fire's hotter. Part of me is terrified, but there's another part of me that doesn't want to feel anything."

"Vampires can turn off the part that's human. That's the part that hurts."

Jenna's eyes glistened with tears looking at Elena "I'm gonna die, aren't I?"

"No! Jenna, I'm not going to let that happen. I don't care what I have to do."

The Heretic gave her a look "Elena sweetie, don't lie to the girl, Nik chose her as the replacement, you're not gonna change his mind."

In the distance, the sounds of twigs snapping and Jules groaning are heard by Elena and Jenna. Jenna's head snaps towards the sound. "Who's that?"

"That must be the werewolf."

Greta pushes Jules the werewolf down to the ground. Jules clutches at her stomach, groaning in pain. "What's happening to me?"

CeCe's lip twitched upward slightly at Greta's answer "I cast a spell to slow down your transformation. Your insides are trying to tear themselves free." Greta moves away, flicks her wrist, and the third ring of fire encircles Jules.

Elena looks at Greta "Greta, witches are supposed to maintain the balance in nature. It's your duty to them to keep this curse sealed."

CeCe snorted at Elena's plea and smirked at Greta's answer "My duty is to Klaus! The new order."