Chapter Nineteen

As predicted they failed at killing Katherine, just like CeCe and Kol knew she would, she had a backup plan, just in case they tried anything, Katherine had her witch Lucy Bennett who was another one of CeCe's descendants, on her side and Lucy link Katherine to Elena so that if they hurt her, Elena would be hurt as well, which was rather clever of her and then Katherine ended up in the tomb with the 'moonstone'. They have no idea that the one that they have is fake, while CeCe has the real one.

CeCe was currently walking toward Elena who showed up at the party because she figured out that something was up. "Hey, Elena."

The human doppelganger hung up the phone and turned to look at her "Hey CeCe." And then everything went black for both of them.

CeCe came to first and noticed Elena passed out on the couch beside her, the Heretic rolled her neck and pulled the restraints off her wrists her being a Heretic weakened the effect vervain has on her, well that and she's built up a tolerance to it over her lifetime, just for the very purpose that it wouldn't affect her as much as it should.

CeCe stood up and walked around until she heard voices, sure she could have done that from her spot, but she didn't want to sit still any longer, she rolled her eyes once she heard their voices, 'of course, it was Rose and Trevor that was behind this, they want their freedom, they've been running from Elijah and Nik for letting Katherine escape over 500 years ago.'

The Heretic smirked at the two vampires "well, well, well... look what the cat dragged in, Rose... Trevor, it's been a long time." They both look at her wide-eyed as she continued speaking "now would you like to explain to me what I am doing here?"

Rose seems to have found her voice first "you weren't supposed to be here, but there was a mix-up, and you were grabbed with the doppelganger."

CeCe gave her a look "and what are you doing with the doppelganger?"

Rose once again speaks "we're making a deal with Elijah and trading her for our freedom."

CeCe nodded seemingly unbothered "well this should be interesting then, I haven't seen Lijah in years... I think I'm gonna stick around for the sole purpose of seeing my bro-in-law again."

Kol looked at her with a smirk on his face "oh darling this should be good."

CeCe tilted her head to the side looking at Rose "so with that being said... Continue with what you were doing before I walked in here and I am going to babysit the doppelganger who by the way is still out cold."

The Heretic walked out of the room with Kol following her back to the room where the doppelganger is, "so why do you find this so interesting? Besides the fact that Elijah is coming?"

CeCe grinned at him "because I know for a fact that Lijah isn't gonna take her to Nik."

Kol looks confused "and why is that?"

"Well, Nik and Lijah are having a bit of a tiff... It's been going on for the better part of a decade, it's very entertaining to watch."

Kol chuckled giving her a look "of course it is... what is it about?"

"Well Nik told Lijah that he dropped you, Bekah, and Finn into the ocean, but like even though Nik would never go to that extreme does Lijah really think I would let him do that? Bitch no... Nik would be getting something lodged so far up his ass it'd come out his damn nose if he freaking tried anything like that and he knows it too."

Kol nodded "Well the one thing my brother knows not to do is piss you off."

CeCe had a smug look on her face "damn straight he won't piss me off like that."

Then the Heretic notices Elena starting to stir, she leaned back on the couch beside her "ohhh so sleeping beauty finally awakens."

She blinked a few times and looked at CeCe confused "CeCe? What's going on? Where are we?"

The Bennett girl shrugged "well I don't know where we are and pretty sure someone kidnapped us." Elena nodded and got up and walked toward where Rose and Trevor are.

CeCe looked beside her at Kol with a smirk "well things are about to get a little more entertaining."

He gives her a smirk that matched the one she gave him, and CeCe got up and followed where Elena disappeared too, as she walked into the room, she heard Elena say, "Delivery to who Elijah?"

Rose looked at her annoyed "two points for the eavesdropper."

Elena looks at her "Who is he? Is he a vampire?"

Rose shakes her head "He's one of the vampires, the originals." Elena looks confused "What do you mean the originals?"

Rose rolls her eyes getting annoyed again "Again with the questions. Haven't the Salvatore's been teaching you your vampire history?"

CeCe stood there in the doorway but kept quiet for the time being, just to see what exactly Rose would tell her, Elena looked at her surprised "So you know Stefan and Damon?"

Rose shakes her head correcting her "I know of them. A hundred years back, a friend of mine tried to set me up with Stefan. She said he was one of the good ones. I'm more of a sucker for the bad boys though but I digress."

Elena gets back to the point at hand "Who are the originals?"

Rose glances nervously at CeCe who she just noticed in the doorway but that goes unnoticed by Elena as she answers "Trevor and I have been running for 500 years. We're tired, we want it over. We're using you to negotiate ourselves out of an old mess."

"But why me?" questions Elena.

That was when CeCe made her presence known to the doppelganger "Because you're a Petrova Doppelgänger Elena."

Rose nods "She's right you're the key to breaking the curse."

Elena looks at her kinda surprised "The curse? The sun and the moon curse?"

CeCe had to bite her lip to keep from laughing because she knows that curse is fake and that the real curse is much worse, that it was a curse placed on Klaus and the reason he needs a doppelganger and the moonstone and everything else, to begin with. Kol even lets out a snort of laughter "oh my god, these people are so damn gullible." CeCe shot him a look nodding, showing that she agreed with what he said without looking crazy to the other people in the room with them.

Rose looks at her, this time it's her turn to be surprised "Oh, you do know your history."

Elena keeps talking "What do you mean I'm the key? The moonstone is what breaks the curse."

Rose shakes her head correcting what Elena said "No, the moonstone is what binds the curse. The sacrifice is what breaks it."

"The sacrifice?"

"The blood of the doppelgänger. You're the doppelgänger. Which means, that in order to break the curse you're the one who has to die." Elena looks at her wide-eyed in shock.

***
Yo in the next chapter we get a reunion between CeCe and Elijah. So that is something to look forward to also Klaus comes in soon as well. I am so excited to get to an actual reunion between Kol and CeCe and I pretty much have an idea of how I am going to go about it XD.