Chapter Twelve

CeCe headed off to school she was going to find Tyler and get him to find her the moonstone, and while she was finding her the real one, CeCe was going to make a fake moonstone that is nearly identical to the real one but with one little mark on the bottom to distinguish the difference.

Tyler was going to put the fake one back where he found the real one. She figured that she couldn't compel him traditionally because he's the mayor's son and with the mayor running the council you would think that his son would be on vervain, so she's going to compel him with magic much like what she did with Sheila when she first came to town.

The Heretic walked into the school, and she saw Tyler walking away from Matt, which was perfect so she ran to catch up with him "Tyler?"

He stopped and looked at her "CeCe what is it? You don't usually talk to me."

She gave him a charming smile while looking him in the eyes "I know but I need you to do something for me"

His eyes dilated and that was before she even used her magic which made her grin internally since that meant he could be compelled normally. "Of course, whatever you need."

And it was showtime "I need you to find me the moonstone it's small and opaque and white and it's somewhere in your house when you find it bring it straight to me and I will give you further instructions then and you will not speak of this to another soul not even me unless instructed by me"

He nods then blinks a few times, a look of confusion on his face "CeCe?"

She smiled "Hi Tyler... I'm just going to go now" She turned and walked away from him, with a smirk on her face. 'Oh, I am now one step closer to controlling the game ahhhh I love being in control of the game. Because when you control the game people bend to your will and I like when that happens it's exhilarating and yet no one even knows that I hold almost all of the cards and they aren't going to know until I want them to.'

After her conversation with Tyler, the rest of the day passed in a blur, with nothing exciting or interesting happening, and tonight is the Halloween party, but CeCe decided that she was going to ditch it because well, she had a feeling that something was going to go wrong, and she really didn't want to deal with it and if she were there then she'd have to deal with it. So, her solution was to just skip it altogether.

The heretic went to bed not too long after she told Bonnie and Caroline that she wasn't going to the Halloween party.

Dream

CeCe woke up in a field of violet flowers, violets were one of her favorite flowers she rolled her eyes and looked around and she was honestly surprised to find him standing behind her in the dream. She rolled her eyes for the second time "thought you gave up on my dreams?"

He just smirks "Now darling I didn't give up oh no, you told me to stay away, and I listened for a bit" then his smirk widens "Oh, darling, you are up to no good I see that devious glint in your eye."

CeCe smirked back "I'm always up to no good Kol... But I am being extremely diabolical that even you would be proud."

He grinned at her "oooh do tell."

CeCe shook her head "yeah that's not gonna happen."

He pouted at her, making her roll her eyes again "oh come on C it's not like I can tell anyone."

CeCe sighed but reluctantly agreed "fine but only because you can't tell anybody and I've been stuck scheming to myself... Okay so six months ago I discovered the existence of a human Doppelgänger and a few of my descendants I've been keeping an eye on her the Doppelgänger and I am the only one in this town that even knows she's a Doppelgänger but I also know where the moonstone is and I am currently creating a fake one to replace the real one they will have the fake one and I'll have the real... Once the untriggered werewolf I compelled finds it for me that is and if I have the moonstone, I control the game."

Kol smirks proudly at her "Ohhh my little witch that is very diabolical... You were right I am proud."

She grinned at him "you know it's diabolical when Kol Mikaelson approves."

This was the most normal conversation that the two of them have had in a very long time and CeCe wouldn't admit it, but she's missed this.

He gets a serious look on his face "Look C I was hoping that we could talk... I know you said when Nik pulls the dagger out, but I don't know how long that will be."

The Heretic let out a sigh knowing that this talk needed to happen before they could move forward, so she nodded at him "okay fine we can talk."

He nodded "You asked me what was different this time... It was because this time it was different, instead of just being stuck in darkness not being able to see or feel anything, this time I was stuck having all of our happy memories playing on a loop in my head for however long it's been... And it opened my eyes and so I reached out to you and then when you finally heard me and did the spell you snapped at me, and I realized that what I did wasn't fair to you, and all this time I was the one that was in the wrong and you were right it wasn't something that you could control and I know it'll take time but I really hope you can forgive me... I am really sorry C."

She sighed and looked at him "I've been thinking since our last conversation and I never really looked at it from your point of view either I mean yeah I'm the one that got the worst of it but still we had just turned and everything was heightened and you had just lost a part of yourself that you couldn't get back and there was me because of the fact that I didn't have traditional magic I had to siphon it and vampirism was created by magic so I could siphon the magic from my vampirism which is why I still had my magic... You just went crazy about it and wouldn't even let me explain it to you."

He looked her in the eye with a sincere look on his face "honestly I was more hurt by the fact that you didn't tell me about it and that's how I found out was after we turned and like you said we had just turned and everything was heightened and I couldn't think straight so I ended up taking it out on you and for that, I am so sorry C. And I promise you no I give you my word that when I get out of here, I will spend the rest of eternity making it up to you." And she believed him because if there was one thing about Kol it was that he didn't give his word lightly so if he gives his word it will happen.

She gave him a small smile "okay I believe you... I know how you are with your word... Now I'm not saying that I forgive you just yet, but I will think about it and when you get out we'll see where we stand."

Kol nodded at her "okay, that's fair." He smiled at her as the surroundings faded around her meaning that she was waking up.