Chapter Twenty-Seven

Maddox and Greta are on their knees casting a spell. There are lit candles all around them. Klaric is standing next to the box, his head bowed, and eyes closed.

Katherine and CeCe are watching them. "Phasmatos Tribum, Nas Ex Veras, Uenes Phasmatos Et Sonos. Ex Tutam Exum Lamia Matus." They stop and look at Alaric. He opens his eyes and looks at Kat. "Elena?" He collapses. Maddox stands up and opens the box. Klaus walks out of it and looks down at Alaric.

"Now that's more like it." He smiles.

CeCe got up from her seat and smiled at her brother-in-law "Nik it's good to see you in your own body."

He smiles at her "Lia love, it's good to be me again" and then he smirks at her "Lia accompany me to the grill?"

She smirked back at him "I'd love to Nik, let's cause a little bit of trouble" the two of them leave the apartment and headed to the grill.

The Heretic walked up to the bar first "I'll take a bourbon" the bartender nodded at her and turned to get her drink and she heard Damon and Alaric talking "I screwed up."

CeCe had a smirk on her face as she walked over to them "I don't know what you did, and I really don't care all that much, but I will agree that whatever it was you probably did screw it up."

That was the moment Klaus chose to walk up "Gentlemen? Why so glum?"

Damon rolls his eyes "Ugh. Klaus, I presume."

Klaus smirks "In the flesh." He looks at Alaric. "Thanks for the loaner, mate."

That statement made CeCe snort "you're talking like he had a choice in the matter Nik, and we all know that wasn't the case."

Damon gets up looking angry. "Any reason you stopped by to say hi?"

Klaus is still smirking "I'm told you and your brother fancy my doppelgänger. Just thought I'd remind you to not do anything you'll regret."

The Heretic scoffed and rolled her eyes "it's Damon...of course, he's gonna do something to screw it up just like he screws everything up for his own gain."

Damon smiles in a mocking kinda way "Thanks for the advice. I don't suppose I could talk you into a postponement, by any chance, huh?" then he looks at CeCe "and why do you hate me again?"

The Original glared at him "Lexi, you know your brother's best friend that you killed for your plan to work? Well, she was very important to me, and you killed her, right in front of me might I add, so yeah my hatred is justified."

Klaus came back in steering the conversation "You are kidding?" then he looks at Alaric "He is kidding, right?"

Alaric shakes his head "No, not really."

Damon looked at the soon-to-be hybrid "I mean, come on, what's one month in the whole grand scheme of things?"

Klaus gave him a look "Let me be clear...I have my vampire. I have my werewolf. I have everything I need. The ritual will happen tonight. So, if you want to live to see tomorrow, don't screw it up."

Then the two (three if you count Kol) originals walked out of the grill, CeCe gave her brother-in-law a look "He's going to screw it up because as I said it's Damon"

Klaus chuckled looking at her "you really hate him, don't you?"

The Heretic nodded at him "Yes, I really do, he's the vampire that I mentioned you using in the ritual... also something you might want to know. Katherine is on vervain now; you can't compel her anymore so she's only pretending to be compelled"

Klaus smirked at her "well that is nice to know, thank you Lia, but I am not going to tell you where they are. Because I know you want to undagger Rebekah."

She rolled her eyes at him "well I had to try."

Kol smirked, "and it's not only Bex that you want to undagger..."

Klaus walked away and CeCe looked at Kol "Well he doesn't need to know that but tonight is the night and soon I will know where the coffins are, and Nik won't even know until it's too late."

Kol grinned at her "I don't doubt you at all my darling."

A while later CeCe just arrived at the quarry where Klaus is breaking the curse and Greta smiled at her "CeCe I wasn't aware you were coming"

The Heretic returned the smile "Well, I couldn't miss this, and I thought I told him to use Damon."

Greta chuckled "Damon's blood was impure so he couldn't be used... it wouldn't have worked."

CeCe had a pout on her face as she turned to Elena and Jenna who was unconscious on the ground, Elena looked at her surprised "CeCe? why are you here?"

"Well like I told Greta I very well couldn't miss this.... though I did think Damon was gonna the vampire used but we can't always get what we want can we?"

Elena gave her a curious look "why Damon?"

CeCe gave her a look with a shrug "because he pissed me off and he killed Lexi right in front of me, she was like my little sister and he killed her right in front of me" then Jenna gasps and sits up looking confused.

She looks at Elena "Oh, my head. What's wrong with me?"

Elena looks back at her "Do you remember what happened?"

Jenna starts explaining what happened "You called me. You were so scared. Oh, ah, I should have realized that it wasn't you. The second I walked out of the house, someone grabbed me. A vampire."

"Klaus. It was Klaus." Elena told her as CeCe stepped back to where Greta was standing watching the two.

"He made me drink his blood. And I don't...I don't remember anything after that." She looks around, rather anxiously. "Where are we? What happened?" then she sees CeCe and looks even more confused "CeCe?" Elena takes Jenna's hands and the Heretic give her a little three-finger wave.

Elena looks at her aunt "We're at the quarry. He brought us here."

"Why don't I remember anything?"

"Jenna, do you remember...When I told you how someone becomes a vampire?" "Yeah, if you die with vampire blood in your system, it's..." pauses and realizes what has happened to her "Oh, god. He killed me."

CeCe smirked and walked over to them "well if Damon didn't screw it up you wouldn't have had to be the replacement."

Elena looks at her surprised "what?"

CeCe nodded at her "yeah Damon intervened and saved Caroline whom Nik was originally going to use, though I wouldn't have let him hurt her, I mean Caroline is one of my favorite blondes why would I let anything happen to her? But that is beside the point the point is that this using Jenna is the punishment for Damon interfering."

Elena looked at her aunt "Jenna, listen to me. Listen to me; everything's going to be okay. I'm going to get you out of here."

"I'm a vampire?" Greta walks over as well "And I bet you're hungry."

***
The curse gets broken next chapter, leading to the Kolce reunion being around the corner.