Chapter One

Cecelia Mikaelson née Bennett more commonly called Cecelia or CeCe Bennett these days was in the small town of Mystic Falls, Virginia, which was once the village that she grew up in.

She decided it was time to check up on her descendants again as she does every so often and while she was there, she found something interesting... she found a human Petrova Doppelgänger.

Which was great because her brother-in-law needed one, but CeCe decided to keep an eye on the girl instead of telling him right away. She wanted to find everything he would need first so she would tell him when the time was right and then he could finally break the curse that his mother placed on him.

So there she was standing at Sheila Bennett's door about to convince her to let her stay with her, she needed a cover while she was keeping an eye on Elena Gilbert and since one of her descendants was best friends with her, posing as Bonnie's cousin was the perfect cover but she just had to convince Sheila that she was telling the truth since witches can't be compelled.

CeCe knocked on the door and a few minutes later, Sheila answered the door "Yes?"

The Heretic gave her a friendly smile "are you, Sheila Bennett?"

Sheila gave the girl at her door a weary look "depends on who's asking." She stated.

CeCe gave her an innocent smile "My name is Cecilia Bennett, but I go by CeCe." The Heretic reached out with her magic and discreetly used it to make the woman less wary of her, it's not compulsion because witches can't be compelled but it's very similar to it and only experienced witches can use it and not be detected while doing it.

CeCe let out a silent breath it was now time for her to put her acting skills to the test and see if she could trick Sheila into thinking that she was her great-niece, which means that she is making her think that she was the daughter of her niece that died 16 years ago when CeCe was 'two' "I'm just looking for my family, I don't know much but I know that my mom was from here she put me up for adoption when I was two, she was sick and couldn't take care of me anymore her name was Pauline Bennett that's all I know."

Sheila looked at her for a moment, before she nodded "come in sweetie and let's talk about this." CeCe grinned to herself with a nod before stepping over the threshold, Sheila offered CeCe her hand, and the Heretic took it and blocked out everything that she didn't want the 'older' woman to see, only letting her see what she needed to see to believe her.

Sheila pulled away after a moment and gave CeCe a look "you are welcome to stay here, after all, we take care of our own."

CeCe smiled at her "thank you so much, Sheila."

The woman smiled back at her "I knew you're mother she was a wonderful person, she did grow very distant the last few years of her life I guess that's because she had you and didn't want to tell us."

The Heretic nodded at her "I don't remember much about her I was only two years old and from my research, she passed away about three months after I was put up for adoption."

Sheila nods "why don't we get your things and I'll show you to the guest room?"

"That would be great, again thank you so much." The two got CeCe's things and got everything settled into what would be her new room.

"We are going to have to get you enrolled in school, you and Bonnie are around the same age, so you should get along you'll get to meet her when she stops by after school."

The Heretic smiled at her I smile at her "well I can't wait to meet her then; I can also help train her when she comes into her powers." Sheila gave her a surprised look hearing that, so CeCe added "I came into mine early, I was 13, so I have a few years of practice." That part was true CeCe was 13 when she came into her magic, the part that wasn't true was that she had more than a few years of practice, it was more like she had a thousand years' worth of practice.

Sheila nodded "okay I wasn't expecting you to have come into them yet being around the same age as Bonnie."

And everything was perfect for about 6 months after that, CeCe befriended Bonnie and her friends and kept a very close eye on Elena the doppelgänger and then Stefan Salvatore moved to town and she had to be extra careful around him, though it's not like he would remember her or anything but still, you can never be too safe, especially since where Stefan goes Damon follows, again not that he will remember her but still she didn't think either one of them would come back to this town, but she should have known that one of them would see Elena and want to know why she looks just like Katherine.

That was going to make this so much harder than it needed to be because they aren't going to let her die. After all, it was going to be like 1864 all over again. Yes, CeCe was there in 1864, with Emily and Katherine, she was posing as Emily's daughter, and after Stefan and Damon turned, she compelled them to forget all about her.

And then she met Stefan again in the 20s she was with Klaus and Rebekah during that time but then Klaus compelled him to forget them when it was time for the three of them to move on which meant that Mikael had found them and they had to run again.

Though she hadn't seen Damon since 1864 but she knew about the promise he made to Stefan and that was how she knew that he would be in Mystic Falls soon if he wasn't there already. 

***
Enjoy! and don't forget to leave a vote and comment.