Chapter Fourteen

The Heretic ended up crying herself to sleep that night, she really did care about Lexi, what she said was true Lexi was like her little sister, there were only three other girls that CeCe cared enough about to call them her little sisters, Rebekah, Caroline, and Bonnie.

Dream

CeCe blinked as she noticed that she was in the field where she and Kol carved their initials into the big oak tree. "For once you sought me out... instead of me coming to you." She looked up at him and he noticed the look on her face "CeCe darling what happened?"

She took and intake of breath deeply at the reminder of what had happened earlier, and her lip quivered ever so slightly as tears welled up in her eye again "Lexi's dead."

Kol nodded treading very carefully "okay remind me who Lexi is again?"

CeCe let out a breath "Lexi Branson I took her under my wing, and I taught her how to be a vampire... She was like my little sister."

Kol nodded again, they might not have been talking but that didn't mean that he hadn't paid attention to the things that she would tell the others if he was around, "okay I know who she is now.... even though I never met her."

The Original cautiously approaches the Heretic he knew things were slightly better but still kind of shaky between them, when he noticed that she didn't recoil or make a move to stop him he pulled her into a hug, which was the last thing that CeCe had expected but it just made her cry a little harder as she spoke "it happened right in front of me I didn't even have time to blink and she had a piece of wood sticking out of her chest... And she didn't deserve to die she didn't do anything and Damon god I swear if I didn't need him alive for my diabolical plan then I would have killed him tonight... damn the consequences of his death."

He just held her a little tighter "is Damon the one that killed her?"

"Yeah, he is, I let my emotions control me and I exposed my vampire side to him tonight I couldn't help it I was so angry it just happened good thing I could compel him to not remember because that would ruin everything." The Heretic buried her face into his shoulder as more tears started coming, now CeCe usually isn't the type to just cry but she cared about Lexi like she was her little sister, if it had been any of the other three instead, she would have reacted the same way.

Kol doesn't say anything knowing that it wouldn't help so he just held her and listened to her talk, letting her get it all out of her system. A little while later as she calmed down, Kol pulls back slightly not enough to fully let go of the girl but enough to where he could lift her chin to where she was looking him in the eyes. "CeCe darling it's going to be okay... Everything is going to be okay you know why?"

She shook her head at him "why?"

He smiled down at her gently, a smile that he has only ever used with her, "because my darling little witch you are the strongest witch this world has ever seen... Not only are you a Bennett, but you are also an Original which makes you stronger than any other witch... But not only that you are a Mikaelson, and you are also my wife and I know you will get through this... Show them who they are messing with bring her back if anyone can do it's you CeCe... So, my darling go be the Original Heretic and bring Lexi back, show them that you are not to be trifled with."

CeCe smiled back up at him, she was surprised about the part where he still, said that she was his wife, I mean can you really blame her though with the way things have been between them "you're right I can do this I can bring Lexi back... I'm still your wife? I just figured you wouldn't think so with everything that happened anymore."

He smiled at her again, brushing a piece of hair out of her eyes "yes, my darling of course you are still my wife."

"Thank you, Kol... You were here when I needed someone to talk to... When I needed comfort."

He looked at her sadly, "I know I haven't been the best husband and I haven't always been there for you like I should have been but that's going to change C ... I'm going to be there when you need me from now on, I am going to be a better husband... I meant what I said about making it up to you."

"I know you meant it and just by this by being here even if this is just a dream you came when I called out to you... You came when I needed you, I didn't even realize that I did it until you spoke, I subconsciously called out to you, guess my subconscious knew I needed comfort."

He gently laid a hand on her face, "I gave you my word C... And I fully intend to keep it" The Heretic smiled at him leaning into the touch, it was nice it had been so long since they had been like this, and she missed it.

"I gotta go... Something is waking me up... But I'll see you later, okay?"

He nods "okay C... I'll be back the next time you go to sleep." CeCe smiled with a nod as the dream faded out.

End of Dream

Once she woke up CeCe realized that it was her phone that woke her, and she answered it "hello?"

Tyler was the one to call "I found the moonstone for you."

CeCe perked up at the mention of the moonstone and grinned, she was one step closer to being in control "great I will meet you at the grill in 10 minutes to retrieve it."

"Okay, I will see you then."

CeCe hung up the phone and smiled 'well this day is starting off great I am going to have the moonstone in my possession.' The Heretic grabbed the box with the fake one she finished making last night before the party and then took a quick shower before getting dressed.

CeCe grabbed her keys and the fake stone and headed out of the house and to her car and 10 minutes later, she arrived at the grill and walked inside to see Tyler sitting in a booth in the far back out of sight and she now, knew that he could be compelled since she had done it before, and Damon had compelled him as well.
The Heretic took the seat across from the untriggered wolf, with a smile "you have no idea how helpful you've been Tyler... Now let me see it." He slides the moonstone across the table to her, and she picked it up and inspected it "ohhh it's beautiful... Thank you, Tyler... now one more thing and we are done here." CeCe pulled out the fake stone and compelled him "this is a fake moonstone you are going to put it back where you found the real one, but you are going to think it's the real one and once you put it back you are going to forget that you found it."

His pupils dilated and he nodded repeating what she said back in a monotoned voice, CeCe handed the fake one to him and placed the real one into the box she previously had the fake one in and placed it into her pocket. The Heretic smirked and walked out of the grill, she got into her car.

She now had almost everything ready for her brother-in-law to be able to break his curse, she had the moonstone, she had him a werewolf, well he was untriggered at the moment, but details and she had the doppelganger right where she wanted her and all she needed was a vampire for him to use... her plan was to try and convince him to use Damon. She knew that Klaus would have his own witch to do the ritual, so she didn't worry about that part.

Now all that was left was to tell him about it when the time was right.