Chapter Twenty-Nine

It had been two days since Klaus broke the curse and was still out running around, all the while CeCe has been holed up inside of her apartment, trying to get through the cloaking spell that Klaus has on the coffins, but it was no use she hasn't had any luck.

The Heretic walked into Alaric's loft since that is where Klaus has been staying Katherine looked at her and she sounded relieved "oh it's just you."

CeCe chuckled "yeah it's just me Kat, figured Nik would be back soon so I dropped by"

Katherine nodded at her "well he's not back yet."

Then the door opens again, and Kat and I turn around to see Stefan there, CeCe smirked at him "well, well, well... you just keep popping up, don't you?"

Stefan looked at her "CeCe?"

She gave him a little three-finger wave "Hi, yep I am here."

The vampire doppelganger looked at the younger Salvatore "Two days, I've been waiting. I'm supposed to be free of Klaus' compulsion by now. He's supposed to be dead!"

CeCe grinned to herself at the answer Stefan gave her "we ran into complications."

Katherine looked at him "Complications?" Stefan shakes his head at her.

Kol smirks from beside his wife "He doesn't want to tell her that Elijah betrayed them"

"Doesn't really matter. I just need to find him. Do you have any idea where he might be?" then CeCe heard a noise outside the door and Katherine heard it too because she pushes him against the wall and motioned for him to be quiet. Klaus and Elijah walk through the door.

"Klaus, you're back. Look who decided to come for a visit."

The original hybrid looks at Stefan "You just keep popping up, don't you?"

CeCe grinned "that's exactly what I said"

Stefan looks at Klaus "I need your help...For my brother."

Klaus just smirks "Well, whatever it is, it's gonna have to wait a tick. You see, I have an obligation to my brother that requires my immediate attention."

Elijah looks at Stefan as well "You understand how important family is, or you wouldn't be here. My brother gave me his word that he would reunite me with my own."

Kol scoffed from beside his wife "we both know that Elijah is getting daggered as Nik's way of keeping his word."

"And so I shall." Then, like Kol said, Klaus stabbed a dagger through Elijah's heart, killing him.

"Saw that coming"

The Heretic nodded looking at her husband "yeah so did I"

Klaus is holding Stefan against the wall "Now, what am I gonna do with you?" Klaus puts a stake through Stefan. Stefan groans and buckles forward but the hybrid holds him up. "Do you feel that? It's scraping against your heart. The slightest little movement and you're dead."

Katherine looks at Klaus "He's just trying to help his brother."

And then Stefan grits out from the pain of having a stake in his chest "The witches said you had a cure. Make me a deal. Just give me the cure, and I'll do whatever you want." Klaus takes out the stake. Stefan falls to the floor. Klaus walks over to the counter, puts the dagger on it, and pours himself a glass of blood.

Klaus smirks at the Salvatore "trouble is I don't know if you'd be any good to me the way you are now. You are just shy of useless."

CeCe grinned 'ohhh Nik is gonna bring out the ripper in Stefan now and it's gonna be fun.'

Stefan is still on the floor. Klaus has a glass of blood in his hands and crouches down to speak to him. Katherine is looking at them. and CeCe pours herself her own glass of blood watching everything unfold in front of her.

"I heard about this one vampire, crazy bloke, always on and off the wagon for decades. When he was off, he was magnificent. In 1917, he went into Monterrey and wiped out an entire migrant village...A true ripper. Sound familiar?"

The Heretic grinned at Kol "I knew that's what Nik was going to do"

"I haven't been that way in a very long time."

Klaus shrugs with a smirk "Well, that's the vampire I can make a deal with. That is the kind of talent that I can use when we leave this town."

Stefan gets up. "Katerina, come here."

Klaus motions for Katherine to come over to him and she gets closer. He takes her arm. His face changes and his eyes are yellow. He bites her. and her eyes widen "Aah! Aah! No. No... No. No. No." then Nik bites his own wrist. He makes Katherine drink his blood. Her wound heals.

Then looks at Stefan, still smirking "You want your cure? There it is."

Stefan looks at him surprised "Your blood is the cure."

CeCe smirked at them "well who would have seen that coming"

Nik smirked at her and looks back at Stefan "Gotta love Mother Nature." Nik puts his hand on Stefan's shoulder. "Now...Let's talk, you and I."

Klaus squeezes a knife blade tightly, and blood is pouring from his hand into a vial. Stefan is looking at him. Katherine is in retreat, looking at them and CeCe and Kol are sitting at the island thing watching Klaus and Stefan.

"There it is. Do you want to save your brother? How 'bout a decade-long bender? And I have big plans for you when we leave this town."

Stefan looks at the hybrid "I'm not like that anymore."

Klaus shrugs at him "Well, that's too bad. You would have made a hell of a wingman." He starts pouring the blood down the sink.

"Wait." Stefan stops him from pouring it down the drain. Klaus stops pouring the blood out. "Now that's more like it. I want you to join me for a drink." He throws him a blood bag along the counter. Stefan takes it. Klaus watches while drinking his glass of blood. Stefan takes a sip from the blood bag. "Finish it. All of it. You do everything I say, and I save your brother. That's the deal."

Stefan drinks all of it. Nik throws him another blood bag. "Again." Stefan drinks it.

Kol looks at CeCe with a smirk "well he doesn't look like he's having fun at all" She just laughed not saying anything because he has a point.

***

You guys have no idea how excited I am that we are getting closer to Kol and CeCe's reunion. But anyway hope you guys enjoy the chapter. :D